Hands on Wheel Warning

Ill try playing with the Cancel Sensitivity in the settings, too.
And it worked!

Apparently when the manual says 'sensitivity', they really mean 'threshold'. Setting the Cancel Sensitivity to low seems to have cured my problem. I made the same trip from Michigan to Iowa and back again, and the only time I got a HOW warning was when I was scratching an itch on my arm and actually didn't have my hand on the wheel.

Funny these systems disconnect the driver by nature (radar cruise, lane keep, bsm, dsc that will literally arrest a turn to prevent oversteer if the throttle is on which could lead to a crash.. ) but then a warning to hold the wheel haha.

Funny these systems disconnect the driver by nature (radar cruise, lane keep, bsm, dsc that will literally arrest a turn to prevent oversteer if the throttle is on which could lead to a crash.. ) but then a warning to hold the wheel haha.

I think you misunderstand the way they work.

I cant see the attachments on my phone, but when I try it on a desktop they open just fine.

Working on the DMS camera for GMs Supercruise gave me a whole new appreciation for just how hard anything between SAE Levels 2 & 4 is going to be to implement safely. I said several times that drivers werent going to like it because it was going to require a level of attention higher than they were used to giving while driving. Ive seen some reviews that proved I was on to something, but overall drivers are happier with the cool toy than they are frustrated with its idiosyncrasies.

Its a brave new world...

Back