2017~2024 2017 new CX5 KF under dash trim panel

No they arent. A lot of cars have a blanking panel there. Its much rarer to see it open.

I'm gonna go ahead and say no, car dashboards do not have trim panels that extend all the way to the firewall with slots for pedal movement. Car dashboards just aren't made that way. The bottom portion is always open.

No they arent. A lot of cars have a blanking panel there. Its much rarer to see it open.
I'm gonna go ahead and say no, car dashboards do not have trim panels that extend all the way to the firewall with slots for pedal movement. Car dashboards just aren't made that way. The bottom portion is always open.
No usually it's not the hard plastic dash trim panel that extends all the way to the firewall, but a separate thick felt insulation piece with slots for pedal movement covering the opening at the bottom. My 2001.5 VW Passat has it, so as my 2000 BMW 528i.

No usually it's not the hard plastic dash trim panel that extends all the way to the firewall, but a separate thick felt insulation piece with slots for pedal movement covering the opening at the bottom. My 2001.5 VW Passat has it, so as my 2000 BMW 528i.

Ah well I stand corrected then. Found a couple pics of those, and I've never seen a car dashboard done that way before, and I've been in and worked on plenty of cars over the years. Most cars, however, are open between the dashboard lower trim panel ("knee panel"?) and the firewall.

Latest posts

Back