New 2017 CX-5 Revealed

No, we don't watch movies in the car, but I find that the center dash speaker helps center vocals as well and (most of the time; not always) gives a better overall soundstage. Don't forget, the way speakers have to be placed in a car, the driver is much nearer to one stereo side than the other. But what I'm quickly seeing (er, hearing) with the Bose system is that soundstage is VERY dependent on how the music is mixed. The Bose surround really expands the soundstage in some cases, but not so much in others.

1hr+ 2017 CX-5 press briefing that was apparently held today (but not sure where):

Just skimmed it so far, but seems like there's some interesting information in there for potential buyers.

EDIT: For those asking about speaker locations, go to ~41:04 for graphic.

EDIT 2: Seems like this is a press event happening at the Pendry Hotel in San Diego with an on-road "competitive loop presentation" in the afternoon.

Last edited:
1hr+ 2017 CX-5 press briefing that was apparently held today (but not sure where):

Just skimmed it so far, but seems like there's some interesting information in there for potential buyers.

EDIT: For those asking about speaker locations, go to ~41:04 for graphic.

EDIT 2: Seems like this is a press event happening at the Pendry Hotel in San Diego with an on-road "competitive loop presentation" in the afternoon.

Lots of good information there. From the very beginning of the video, it looks like more door seals and thicker glass, which should all lead to a quieter ride.

2017 CX-5 Brochure!..... well, kind of.

Poking around Mazda's website today and found a 2017 CX-5 brochure.
  • You have to go to Brochures & Guides
  • then select 2016.5 (if you try 2017, there will be no option for CX-5)
  • CX-5
  • 2017 CX-5 Brochure

https://www.mazdausa.com/siteassets/pdf/brochures/2017-mazda-cx-5/2017-mazda-cx-5-brochure.pdf

be warned: it's not a full brochure but if these are scheduled to arrive in the next 30 days or so, I imagine we'll see the full version soon.

Lots of good information there. From the very beginning of the video, it looks like more door seals and thicker glass, which should all lead to a quieter ride.

Awesome. More premium feel.
Hence 5 out of 10 CX5 owners buy the top trim vs 3 out of 10 for CRV/Rav4. These are really econo boxes and not much more.
Another reason to say this is not an Apples to Apples comparison.

Costco's auto purchasing program now has the 2017 models in their pricing database. Closest dealer who would meet Costco's pricing requirements to me, though, appears to be in McKinney (up around Dallas). It priced out the GT with the Premium Equipment package and Soul Crystal Red at $31,266... which it is showing as $50 over invoice.

Or just about $1,500 below MSRP.

Costco's auto purchasing program now has the 2017 models in their pricing database. Closest dealer who would meet Costco's pricing requirements to me, though, appears to be in McKinney (up around Dallas). It priced out the GT with the Premium Equipment package and Soul Crystal Red at $31,266... which it is showing as $50 over invoice.

What's it saying for the grand touring with everything?

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

What's it saying for the grand touring with everything?

Well, there's a TON of accessories that can be potentially be added at the dealership. The total I mentioned above is with the HUD, heated rear seats, etc., premium package, so that's what I'd consider fully loaded. You don't have to be a Costco member to see what the prices available are.

To see what I saw, go here, and put the zip code 75051 in at the front page:
https://www.costcoauto.com/new_cars/

Well, there's a TON of accessories that can be potentially be added at the dealership. The total I mentioned above is with the HUD, heated rear seats, etc., premium package, so that's what I'd consider fully loaded. You don't have to be a Costco member to see what the prices available are.

Cool, I thought I had to be a member. Thanks!

shaendra; thanks for the heads up on the Costco Auto program pricing being updated.
checking it out now.

Wait this is cool. Does this minimize price negotiating hassles (as a Costco member) with the dealership? Like hey I'm a Costco member I should get it at this price.

Exactly. We used it for purchasing our Tacoma. Walked in and out with the truck in about an hour after we test drove.

You have to be a member to actually use the program, but anyone can see what the discounts are. Membership is something like $65 for a year... obviously it pays for itself when you buy a car through their program... which is mostly like a hookup site. They negotiate prices with dealerships, who adhere to them up front.

If you think you can haggle better, though, then do it on your own. Me, I'd rather know in advance what the price will be, than to dicker with a salesman.

You COULD also try using it as a price negotiating tactic at a local dealership, if there aren't any Costco-participating ones near you. "Internet sales prices" may be close, so as usual... do your homework :)

Bloody hell, that it a pretty good deal. Actually cheaper than my 2014 GT without tech...

shaendra; I went to the costco auto link but I'm not seeing the Costco price.
all I see is the invoice and MSRP.

Your member price is not listed here.
Every eligible vehicle has Costco pricing exclusively for you. Locate and contact a participating Costco dealer to see your savings.

shaendra; I went to the costco auto link but I'm not seeing the Costco price.
all I see is the invoice and MSRP.

Hm... maybe it is working for me since I've logged in with my account. Let me know what all you've ticked off, and I can give you a screenshot of the price at the McKinney dealership, for example.

hmm...
tried logging into my Costo account but since the Auto Program is an external site, I'm still not seeing costco prices.
I don't know what kinda Costco website witchcraft you got going on over there shaendra but I'm not seeing what you're getting.

any chance you can price out
AWD GT
Premium package
And just for fun:
trailor hitch reciever
cargo cover
illuminated door sills

thanks shaendra.

hmm...
tried logging into my Costo account but since the Auto Program is an external site, I'm still not seeing costco prices.
I don't know what kinda Costco website witchcraft you got going on over there shaendra but I'm not seeing what you're getting.

AWD GT
Premium package
And just for fun:
trailor hitch reciever
cargo cover
illuminated door sills

thanks shaendra.

Working on it. I put in a random San Diego-area zip code... not finding dealers that are participating, so it's not giving me a price :(

Invoice and MSRP for those options came up at $32,488/$34,165 respectively, though.

hmm...

AWD GT
Premium package
And just for fun:
trailor hitch reciever
cargo cover
illuminated door sills

thanks shaendra.

It seems to be balking at the AWD portion. Maybe they are still working on price negotiations for that (I put in FWD on mine).

When I was shopping a few months back, at least one Costco-linked dealer wouldn't quote me a price either on-line or over the phone.

Back