Thanks Eibach for all the good years! (pics of broken springs included)

cbcbd

...and it was all yellow
Contributor
:
02 P5
I've had my springs for almost 200K miles now, had some great times, great miles, lots of good abuse. I'm not posting this as a negative post, they really did last a while even after driving across the country towing a 2000lb trailer and a lot of driving on potholed forest service roads. Did not realize how much life they would have so there ya have it. The front springs are still riding strong.
thanks!
Doug

P1120514_zpsef6d08a0.jpg

Attachments

• P1120514.JPG
    P1120514.JPG
    152.7 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
They still shouldnt break, i have some with 200k miles 25 years old 10 years of rally and still perfectly fine and stiff as hell

There are a lot of factors that go into why a set of springs would break but if they lasted 200k it's not a defect.

Better than gen3/4 tauruses (mid-90s to early 2000s). I was surprised when they WEREN'T broken when they came into the shop whether the car had 20k or 200k. Rears just make the car look like the fat kids convention in the back seat. Fronts don't break nearly as often (still more than any other car) but slice the sidewall of the tire 9 times out of 10. Ford had a temporary fix of a bolt-on guard around the lower spring perch so when they broke, they didn't pop the tire. I've installed a LOT of quick struts in those cars back when I worked in the shop.

Lol, thanks, but I think I apply to at least the bolded sections:

THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO ANY PRODUCTS: (1) THAT HAVE BEEN IMPROPERLY INSTALLED OR HAVE NOT BEEN PROPERLY INSTALLED BY A QUALIFIED, LICENSED AUTO MECHANIC EXPERIENCED IN THE INSTALLATION AND REMOVAL OF SUSPENSION PRODUCTS;

(2) THAT HAVE BEEN IMPROPERLY SERVICED, THAT HAVE BEEN MISUSED, OR THAT HAVE BEEN MODIFIED, ALTERED OR SUBJECTED TO ABUSE, NEGLIGENCE, ACCIDENT OR COLLISION;
(3) INSTALLED IN ANY VEHICLE THAT HAS BEEN MODIFIED;
(4) INSTALLED ON ANY VEHICLE THAT HAS CARRIED LOADS IN EXCESS OF AUTOMOBILE MANUFACTURER SUGGESTED WEIGHT LIMITS;
(5) INSTALLED ON ANY VEHICLE THAT HAS BEEN USED FOR RALLYING, RACING OR RACING-TYPE ACTIVITIES OR OFF-ROAD USE;
(6) PRESENTED FOR WARRANTY COVERAGE BY A PERSON OTHER THAN THE PURCHASER; OR
(7) PRESENTED FOR WARRANTY COVERAGE AFTER BEING USED ON A VEHICLE OTHER THAN THE ONE ON WHICH IT WAS ORIGINALLY INSTALLED.

Back