What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Yes it is. It doesn't need debate. It was coined to refer to a certain type of car owner and what they would do to their vehicle. It was based on ethnicity.

Suffice it to say, the comment was rude and unwarranted.

i think the comment is driver independent, its a comment about a car and its modifications...

Interesting... I'm pretty active in the car/meet community and that's the first time I've ever seen the term ricer associated with racism.. in fact ricer is used regardless of origin or the vehicle make and while it could be seen as derogatory, I've never seen it associated with racism.

Interesting... I'm pretty active in the car/meet community and that's the first time I've ever seen the term ricer associated with racism.. in fact ricer is used regardless of origin or the vehicle make and while it could be seen as derogatory, I've never seen it associated with racism.
Me neither. I've always seen the term used to describe certain car mods (and thus the people doing them, which could be anyone). But I digress...

Soo..kinda' like referring to a low rider car as a "beaner wagon"?(hand)

Well I've seen a guy on a mz3 page referring to lowered mazdas as low riders.. except most people know low riders are a specific kind of modification style just like "slabs".

not that Urban Dictionary should be the ultimate judge but... https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ricer

ricer
(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.

not that Urban Dictionary should be the ultimate judge but... https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ricer

ricer
(Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt)

A person who makes unecessary modifications to their most often import car (hence the term "rice") to make it (mostly make it look) faster. The most common modifications are (but not limited to):

- Huge exhaust that serves no purpose but to make the car louder
- Large spoiler on the back that looks like something Boeing made for the 747
- Lots of after-market company stickers they don't have parts from, but must be cool
- Expensive rims that usually cost more than the car itself
- Bodykit to make the car appear lower, usually accented with chicken wire
- Clear tail lights and corner signals
- A "performace intake"- a tube that feeds cold air to their engine usually located in areas of excessive heat (behind or on top of the engine)
- Most of these riced cars (a.k.a. rice rockets or rice burners) are imports; Honda Civics, Accords, Integras, CRXs, RSXs, Del Sols Mitsubishi Eclipses, Lancers, Subaru Imprezas, however there are some domestics such as Chevrolet Caviliers, Dodge Neons, Ford Focus; small, slow, economy cars designed specifically to go slow. Please note that some Supras, Skylines, WRX's and other higher performance imports are designed to go fast, and are therfore not always considered rice. It really depends on the severity of the case.

The "ricer" attempts to make their car "performance" by adding the modifications listed above. These ricers are not confined to any one ethnic group or color, however different ethnic groups are known for certain styles.

Lol they need to add mustangs and 350zs to that list. Stangs are like the #1 domestic riced out and a lot of them are fast. s*** a guy at the airlort put my car on the ricer of the day fb page once lol... I'm black with a lowered mazda. Maybe I should trade for a 2002 crown vic with 26" wheels? Then i would be an ethinically appropriate ricer (btw thats what "slabs" are) (thought) And I think that's where the last part of that sketchy definition comes into play.

Kindly do not use derogatory and racist terms.

So, this is M247 these days, eh? Wow...

It can be considered a derogatory term, but in no way, shape or form is it racist.

R- Race
I- Inspired
C- Cosmetic
E- Enhancement

Anyway, to answer my question as to whether or not you can take the navigation module from a vehicle with factory GPS and plug-n-play is yes, yes you can. I spent $58.00 on a used module and $72.00 on a map card, plugged it in and it was functional, no need to spend the $500 on the "kit".

Back