Malfunctioning reverse camera

jeremy44

:
CX-5 AWD GT with Tech pkg
Need help/ advice...

The reverse camera is malfunctioning, when I shift to R either it stays on the audio screen or it turns into a blue screen with the "Please check surroundings for safety" at the bottom.

Anyone else have experience with this? Is this covered by warranty? How long will it take to repair?

Thanks in advance...

I had the same issue... It was under warranty and they repaired it within 30 mins or so..... The issue was a faulty camera... They took one out of another car they had in their showroom and installed it in mine.

I had the same issue... It was under warranty and they repaired it within 30 mins or so..... The issue was a faulty camera... They took one out of another car they had in their showroom and installed it in mine.

Thanks...so I'm guessing you didn't have to pay a pence for it to be fixed? Just making sure my dealership doesn't try to rip me off lol

Your new car warranty covers everything that is not normal maintenance (oil, tires, etc.) or negligence (wreck, vandalism, etc.). There is no cost for anything else. May be a good idea to read your warranty documents so you are completely familiar with what is and is not covered.

I have had the same issue. Camera itself was broken... It simply defeats to the audio screen. Unfortunately, I have been waiting for more than 6 weeks for a replacement part and it still hasn't come. Should be covered by warranty... If ever they get the part.

I have had the same issue. Camera itself was broken... It simply defeats to the audio screen. Unfortunately, I have been waiting for more than 6 weeks for a replacement part and it still hasn't come. Should be covered by warranty... If ever they get the part.

Does your dealer not have any other CX5's for sale, with a rear view camera? If so I would demand he change yours for one of the others..... Thats what I did and it worked fine for me.

Thanks...so I'm guessing you didn't have to pay a pence for it to be fixed? Just making sure my dealership doesn't try to rip me off lol

Didn't cost me a penny... It is fully under warranty.

Your new car warranty covers everything that is not normal maintenance (oil, tires, etc.) or negligence (wreck, vandalism, etc.). There is no cost for anything else. May be a good idea to read your warranty documents so you are completely familiar with what is and is not covered.

+1

Not going to say warranty covers everything, but certainly covers the camera if it's defective.

Am I the only one that thinks there should be a warning beep when you're in the red zone? Or maybe I'm just used to that with my other car (the cross traffic beeps as well).

Am I the only one that thinks there should be a warning beep when you're in the red zone? Or maybe I'm just used to that with my other car (the cross traffic beeps as well).

it would be cool but you'd need an additional sensor or sensors, something like the parking distance sensors, for that as the camera can't tell if it is a line in the road you are getting close to or a pole.

How did they fix it?

Back