Group Buy: 505 Intake Manifold Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

505zoom

Breathe
:
2003 MSP #119
Been crunching some numbers and I can make this work on a batch as small as 10. GB price would be in the same neighborhood as the first one, 800-850 depending on options.

Current list:

1. mazda3gboostin - (EGR yes) coated extreme chrome *Shipped*
2. mazdaspeedp - (EGR yes) - coated metallic red *Shipped*
3. protegebuddy - (EGR yes) - coated extreme chrome *Shipped*
4. jbrewer4639 - (EGR yes) - coated flat black *Shipped*
5. Justanothermp5 - (EGR yes) - uncoated *Shipped*
6. J_Naoto - (EGR yes) - coated extreme chrome *Shipped*
7. Jaleik - (EGR yes) - coated metallic red *Shipped*
8. malcantry- (EGR no) - coated gloss black *Shipped*
9. Spiced MSP - (EGR yes) - coated flat black *Shipped*
10. mspHtown - (EGR yes) - coated extreme chrome *Shipped*
11. spicyprotevo - (EGR yes) - coated flat black *Shipped*
12. hdiddy27 - (EGR yes) - coated gloss black *Shipped*
13. bwalt - (EGR yes) - coated flat black *Shipped*
14. uhohprotege - (EGR yes) - coated flat black *Shipped*
15. falco - (EGR yes) - coated flat black *Shipped*

Back by popular demand:

DSC05188.jpg

Red/Blue - Stock Manifold (open vs closed butterflies)
Green/Purple - 505 Intake Manifold

Last edited:
Been crunching some numbers and I can make this work on a batch as small as 10. GB price would be in the same neighborhood as the first one, 800-850 depending on options.

If we get 10 I'll get the ball rolling, so who wants one?

1.needmspspeed

800? count me in

this is the only proven intake manifold made, steedspeed is not going to make them so lets get this rolling

I'm pressed for time here. What are the performance gains on this product? How is the install?

I'm pressed for time here. What are the performance gains on this product? How is the install?

You can expect roughly a 10% WHP increase over baseline. It's harder to take the stock manifold off than it is to put mine on. Swap can easily be done by a competent installer in a day.

from what i have read the install is not difficult and the power gains are proven i think i saw a dyno sheet before with one.

You can expect roughly a 10% WHP increase over baseline. It's harder to take the stock manifold off than it is to put mine on. Swap can easily be done by a competent installer in a day.

About how much time to install? Took me about 6 hours to do the steedspeed exhaust manifold. I took the turbo out when installing that.

just on a stock motor stock everything thats a 14-16 whp increase depending on your original numbers.

About how much time to install? Took me about 6 hours to do the steedspeed exhaust manifold. I took the turbo out when installing that.

Took me about 5 hours the first time, but after all the prototyping I had the process down to about an hour. All depends on your own ability and whether or not anything fights you while removing the stocker. The EGR can be a pain, but other than that it's pretty straight forward.

how is this manifold for being reliable? like will this cause my rpm to jump up and down? is it strong for winter driving?

I am def interested. The only thing that is holding me back is setting a date to install it. If I could I would just pay somebody to do it. See I just had my second child and I literally have 0 time. If I want to take a day to work on my car my wife gives me a rash of s***. I guess you can count me in on the GB. I will keep checking this thread for updates. In the mean time I will start putting money aside so the wife doesn't notice:) Any deals for someone buying an intake manifold AND a cold air box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back