What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I agree, the Touring version taillights were a joke, that is why I spent a bit more and got the Grand Touring. Them Japs aren't stupid, put the crap stuff on the lesser model and gringos will pay more to get better. Good luck with the lights. Hope they don't leak.

Eh? My Touring tailight goes out (it did a few months ago), it's a $7 light bulb change that's easy to do.

The LED assembly costs how much again? (rolleyes)

Ordered 4 - PE5R-18-110 Spark Plugs as well as the KDY0-46-040 AT Shifter Switch which should resolve my CX-5 not turning off issue. Hoping to god that that isn't hard to get to and change out.

Ordered from Med Center Mazda due to free shipping over $100, so came in at best price.

Ordered 4 - PE5R-18-110 Spark Plugs as well as the KDY0-46-040 AT Shifter Switch which should resolve my CX-5 not turning off issue. Hoping to god that that isn't hard to get to and change out.

Ordered from Med Center Mazda due to free shipping over $100, so came in at best price.
Then you should order their oil change kit with 5 quarts of Mazda Moly、drain plug washer、and Thai OEM oil filter at the same time too (for free shipping) ⋯

Good luck on your AT shifter switch replacement, and hopefully you don't break too many plastic tabs! ;)

Then you should order their oil change kit with 5 quarts of Mazda Moly、drain plug washer、and Thai OEM oil filter at the same time too (for free shipping) ⋯

Good luck on your AT shifter switch replacement, and hopefully you don't break too many plastic tabs! ;)

Oh god the plastic tabs. Making me nervous there yrwei!

Amazon has the Thai filters on prime, so I just bought from there.

Didn't occur to me to grab Moly Oil while I was at it. Guess I can try next time and just get a bunch for free shipping.

Theres nothing on the console you dont pull or undo with a Phillips screwdriver.

I just whistle and mine jumps out,

IMG_3440.jpg

Last edited:
Replaced 2 front struts but had to order a new spring perch because one of them got seized on. They only cost like $7. Ordered a p13w DRL because the side LEDS on one of the cree bulb crapped out.

Oil change at 67,107 miles.

Collected a sample as well to send to Blackstone. The first I've done.

Mazda oil filter is a Thailand filter bought from Amazon for $8 or $9.
46a8dd226b065dc6d74381ae6a85c5f6.jpg
3fb559278a2ed8a281bf0286668c2872.jpg

Getting my Eibach lowering springs put on. Got them off eBay for $198 shipped from Jegs. Retail is $275+ taxes.

Getting them installed by Big O tires for $360 and I get 10% back from my Visa Cash Rewards card so the install is $324.

Should be ready for me to pickup in about 2 more hours.

Other local shops wanted $500 for install so I think I got a fair deal for my area.

Prototype platform storage in place of back seat for 5000+ mile journey with a cat and dog. Gotta get to the snacks quick--did not screw the front board down so it is easier to get to the deeper center storage. (measurements: behind back seat width 42" @ 8" rise moving 7" to a 50" width) This is close to the height of the back storage area.

42122631774_bf27d6df72_b.jpg
[/url]Shelf_01 by NORTHISH OVERLANDING, on Flickr[/IMG]

42791887012_d8ddb5a4df_b.jpg
[/url]Shelf_02 by NORTHISH OVERLANDING, on Flickr[/IMG]

42122606444_9fd7b30477_b.jpg
[/url]Shelf_03 by NORTHISH OVERLANDING, on Flickr[/IMG]

41029784750_30d469c9a6_b.jpg
[/url]Shelf_04 by NORTHISH OVERLANDING, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
Got my car back. Quick 10 mile review.

Looks better. Longer and meaner. Still a little short I can see almost over the top of the car I’m 5”11. Rides and handle much better. Not a lot of wasted acceleration bounciness that stock springs have.

f274c597ecdd895bb62a909ecf12205f.heic

Megan coilovers and Corksport short ram intake with a balancer.
How is the ride comfort with the Megan coilovers? What is this balancer you speak of?

Got my car back. Quick 10 mile review.

Looks better. Longer and meaner. Still a little short I can see almost over the top of the car Im 511. Rides and handle much better. Not a lot of wasted acceleration bounciness that stock springs have.

f274c597ecdd895bb62a909ecf12205f.heic
Looks good! How is the ride comfort with the Eibach springs?

Back