What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Need a review please!!

232ed57470f2d66c8dfce27f323e6768.jpg

1381d365b27d579fef337a18bafb1b45.jpg

Here you are, not mine but on a friends CX5 the exactly same setup

I think I will wait till it's really necessary to change, I have only 50000 on them and my friend changed at around 75000. I have a VMAXX Sport brake at the front
05c9783bbb242f9239076b7b499c041d.jpg

Cheers 101

Bought new tires that were taller than my old ones. I was trying to wait but tread started showing so i ended up getting 255/45/20 instead of the 255/40/20. Technically a 12mm increase. I also got a less aggressive alignment. I had to raise rhe front a bit to prevent rubbing so now I have a little negative rake (evo style). Also had to switch to a longer front adjustable sway bar link that I conveniently already had for like 2 years and never used. Probably will raise my rear when i feel like dealing with (more involved + 1 of my rear sway bar link is a b**** to undo) it so I can pull some camber from my rears.
qnz3nVO.jpg

DsJyusp.jpg

You got any pics of the tailights? Looks pretty cool! I have the same car just looking for ideas and mods. Thanks

Finally got my black California license plates. The rear license plate mount is a cut corner, seriously just regular Philips screws, no rubber mounts to stop the plate and frame from rubbing and scratching the paint.

Still unsure how long i'll wait before putting on front license plate as I don't want to puncture the front bumper, anyone have any alternatives on how to mount it without piercing the bumper? don't like the offset ones through tow hooks.

I have this on mine and it fits around the edge of the plate and is what makes contact with the car. No rattle or scratches: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

You got any pics of the tailights? Looks pretty cool! I have the same car just looking for ideas and mods. Thanks

He has all that stuff in his build thread or parts thread which are linked in his signature I think (unless he removed those).

Got these pedals put on tonight, I had the same ones on my 2014 mazda 3 but I like these better as it doesn't have any letterings on them. The one I had on my mazda 3 says "mazdaspeed" on it, these are blank.

41743997514_2dc6dabee7_b.jpg

Got these pedals put on tonight, I had the same ones on my 2014 mazda 3 but I like these better as it doesn't have any letterings on them. The one I had on my mazda 3 says "mazdaspeed" on it, these are blank.

41743997514_2dc6dabee7_b.jpg

Excellent work. Should be good for .87 HP increase in HP!

Received my Amazon package containing a new engine air filter, as well as a Thailand Mazda oil filter.

Also received my oil analysis kit, which is good as I am now 300 miles away from my 5k interval of changing oil.

Yeah, probably won't do the oil change until next weekend-ish.

5k is pretty early. Just about all 0w20 oil analysis' posted online say they're good through no less than 7k miles. I used to do 6k changes and have since bumped up to 7k.

5k is pretty early. Just about all 0w20 oil analysis' posted online say they're good through no less than 7k miles. I used to do 6k changes and have since bumped up to 7k.

That's true. I've just been following schedule 2 for the entire lifetime I've had this vehicle so far (5 years).

Installed a Draw-Tite (76138) hitch on my 2017 today. Thinking it would be easy to do but my Canadian CX-5 had a extra plastic flap attached to the rear bumper. Wish it was mention somewhere. Tips for other Canadian trying to attempt it.

Installed a Draw-Tite (76138) hitch on my 2017 today. Thinking it would be easy to do but my Canadian CX-5 had a extra plastic flap attached to the rear bumper. Wish it was mention somewhere. Tips for other Canadian trying to attempt it.

What's the purpose of the flap?

Back