What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Yesterday i pulled out my Infotainment system and hacked into the wiring with a home made serial cable to USB on my laptop, then ran the commands and installed AIO Tweaks of "touchscreen enabled while driving" and Android Auto.

Was trying to hold off but had to get a new set of tires because the tread was coming off. Ended up getting 255/45/20s instead of the 255/40s I wanted bdcause that size is not usually in stock. Going to have to raise my car about am inch because of occasional fender rub :s

Getting my snow tires removed...and it's snowing like crazy. Obligatory Miata pic and snowing outside...
f5108d5f3297fe81781eb8a77a1f415e.jpg

I want it.

Yeah need to get my snow tires off too. It's been 70's this week. Soft rubber certainly doesn't like that. I think anymore more potential snow we might get this month won't be enough to matter.

Last edited:
I swear if I was closer to the end of my lease I'd be buying that new 6 today. Hubba hubba is she sexy. Redesigned the coimate control area. Didn't know that. Wider and skinnier. Heated seat buttons moved to the edges. Looks very lux in person.
e939f1174188960e72f62519e9cd2e42.jpg

19s back on. Ok, I stand corrected: I noticed a difference. The 19s feel more, hard to explain, more eager to turn? Better grip in the corners. More planted and less noisy when turning by a smigden over bumps. The 19s make a tiny bit more noise. Not bumpier.
Some of this could be the softer snows vs the harder All Seasons, just my observations. Definitely prefer the 19s.

Last edited:
19s back on. Ok, I stand corrected: I noticed a difference. The 19s feel more, hard to explain, more eager to turn? Better grip in the corners. More planted and less noisy when turning by a smigden. The 19s make a tiny bit more noise. Not bumpier.
Some of this could be the softer snows vs the harder All Seasons, just my observations. Definitely prefer the 19s.

It's the difference in rubber I think. My Blizzaks are certainly terrible trying to go around corners on a dry road. Probably too much play in the softer rubber. Only gotten worse the warmer it's gotten. Both my Blizzaks and All seasons are 17s, and I felt that same difference.

Definitely got to get my all-seasons put back on now.

It's the difference in rubber I think. My Blizzaks are certainly terrible trying to go around corners on a dry road. Probably too much play in the softer rubber. Only gotten worse the warmer it's gotten. Both my Blizzaks and All seasons are 17s, and I felt that same difference.

Definitely got to get my all-seasons put back on now.

Much more likely the biggest factor rather than 17" vs 19".

While I agree much of it could be that, I think the tighter cornering is the size difference. I was surprised I could really feel that difference.

While I agree much of it could be that, I think the tighter cornering is the size difference. I was surprised I could really feel that difference.

I'm not sure I agree with that assessment.

I felt a huge difference in tight cornering going from all seasons to the Blizzaks and they are the same 225/65/R17 size tires.

I did Google before I posted to confirm if what I thought I was feeling could be from going to 19s. Car & Driver and Motortrend both have articles stating that is one of the main benefits of 19s. So, sure, you probably felt a difference with the stickier Winters, but you'd see a bigger gain still with 19s, I think.

Re: bumps. Went down a brick road today that my son and I drive on every day after I get him from school. Definitely felt bumpier.

Back