2017 GT Premium package decision

This's exactly what we should do! I like CX-5um's idea of offering ventilated front seats like Lexus and many others, but prefer it to be a standard equipment on highest trim! "Cold Weather Package" can be an option though.

IMO there shouldn't be any options available in the highest trim. All should be standard. So premium package/whatever else package... standard.

Only things to add afterwards are accessories.

IMO there shouldn't be any options available in the highest trim. All should be standard. So premium package/whatever else package... standard.

Only things to add afterwards are accessories.

They could just offer a signature trim like the CX-9 and include these additional luxury feature people here are asking for. I'd like to see hands free tailgate activation like other comparable brands are offering. A 3-5 k premium wouldn't put it outside of their market, as far as price points go. Nor would it threaten CX-9 sales, although I can see them limiting some premium features to the CX-9, which is probably what is already limiting CX-5 offerings.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

They could just offer a signature trim like the CX-9 and include these additional luxury feature people here are asking for. I'd like to see hands free tailgate activation like other comparable brands are offering. A 3-5 k premium wouldn't put it outside of their market, as far as price points go. Nor would it threaten CX-9 sales, although I can see them limiting some premium features to the CX-9, which is probably what is already limiting CX-5 offerings.

Agreed. The inconsistency across markets is baffling but they seem to believe some markets people are willing to pay extra to get all options, whilst in others like here, the top spec CX-5 called Akera has it all.

With regards to hands free tailgate activation, I'd say next update or perhaps more likely on the 3rd generation.

glove box cooler (hey I once had a Jetta that had one!)

One of those options..center console cooler that isn't available in my GX in the US. Have to go LX line to get here in states. I would have used that. That being said the center console can swallow a lot of stuff.

pardo-vx-limited-cool-box-main-940x450.jpg

Well I finally decided and went ahead with the GT with premier package.
Machine gray
32,656 +TTL

Very happy with the HUD memory seats etc....

Thank you all.

Machine gray
32,656 +TTL

Thank you all.

Congrats! Nice choice. [emoji106]

Machine gray
32,656 +TTL

Thank you all.

Welcome to the 2017 party! Ain't no party like a 2017 CX 5 party!

Last edited:
I'm whatever about the HUD. I have one in my Mercedes but my other cars don't have it and I could care less about it. In fact sometimes I turn it off because I find it distracting. Maybe I'm old school.

Heated seats and steering well would be pointless in Houston. Same goes for the de-icer feature.

Memory seats are VERY convenient if you will be sharing the car with wife or something, so in that case I would definitely get the premium package. Power passenger seats would be a big plus too. I think for these two options alone I would opt for the premium package.

I'm whatever about the HUD. I have one in my Mercedes but my other cars don't have it and I could care less about it. In fact sometimes I turn it off because I find it distracting. Maybe I'm old school.

Heated seats and steering well would be pointless in Houston. Same goes for the de-icer feature.

Memory seats are VERY convenient if you will be sharing the car with wife or something, so in that case I would definitely get the premium package. Power passenger seats would be a big plus too. I think for these two options alone I would opt for the premium package.

You should be allowed to select what options you want from the premium package.

For example select select heated seats but not select de-icer

You should be allowed to select what options you want from the premium package.

For example select select heated seats but not select de-icer

If you choose the Grand Touring trim, it all comes as one package. I'm in USA so things may be different from Australia.

If you choose the Grand Touring trim, it all comes as one package. I'm in USA so things may be different from Australia.

Australia gets all stuff standard (no de-icer or rear heated seats as not needed here) but according to USA brochure, Grand Touring doesn't come with premium package standard:

Premium.jpg

Hence my comment - should be able to select or deselect options.

Best way should be all markets have all stuff standard... at least on the top spec model :)

Last edited:
^
That would be nice if we could select and deselect options here. But it's either get the package with all the features or get nothing lol.

^
That would be nice if we could select and deselect options here. But it's either get the package with all the features or get nothing lol.

Would be nice if this was possible here too.

But can't complain too much. Our top spec is loaded at the driveaway price

^

Hey where are you in town? Spoken with any dealers? One of them has been texting me, telling me I can get parchment interior on the GT in Eternal Blue. Then switched over to saying I'll love the "silky leather" interior (turned out they were talking about the silk beige color leatherette that's on the Touring model). I think I'll avoid this dealer, as they have someone who has no idea what they are talking about, in text. Stupid.

Hey where are you in town? Spoken with any dealers? One of them has been texting me, telling me I can get parchment interior on the GT in Eternal Blue. Then switched over to saying I'll love the "silky leather" interior (turned out they were talking about the silk beige color leatherette that's on the Touring model). I think I'll avoid this dealer, as they have someone who has no idea what they are talking about, in text. Stupid.

Hey I haven't spoken to any dealers. I'm going to make my purchase later this year.

But sounds like the typical, deceiving, cretinous car salesperson. I don't rely on salesmen for anything except for them to be messengers when price negotiating with the general sales manager.

Every dealership has dimwit salespeople, don't be turned off by this. You're looking for the best deal so I would go in with a negotiated price and tell them they can take it or leave it.

Latest posts

Back