NEMOC Random BS Thread

Thanks for the info Andrew. Ordered both the master and slave plus some other parts from Mazda Motorsports. Change out the master and keep the slave as a backup.

Also highly recommended while you have your stuff-ordering pants on:
http://949racing.com/miata-clutch-line.aspx

Get rid of the goddamn curly-Q pig's tail hose and the rubber line down at the transmission. It'll make bleeding the clutch SO much easier, and help with pedal feel in the long term as you won't have the rubber hose in there rotting away.

Oh I see, I thought you were saying to run a steel line to the slave. My bad.

No the rubber one looks fine and the pedal feel is good. Parts are arriving today or tomorrow.

Good to hear Bruce.

Do you use a case with your phone? I've thought about the magnetic mounts but wasn't sure how well they would hold with a case between the magnets. I like the Proclip but it likes to pop off sometimes, usually when I am driving.

Anyone watch Westworld on HBO? I never saw the movie but I have to say that they did a very nice job with the series. Looking forward to see how season 2 will play out.

They give you 3 metal plates. 1 to put inside the case, or, the other has a sticky backing to attach to the outside of the case which is what I did. Seems to hold very well so far.

I have had proclips before but they are phone specific, so if you change phones you are SOL. The magnetic is great so put on and take off.

Remembering the good ol' days. MERRY CHRISTMAS and Happy Holidays everyone!

23ijy1t.jpg

Wow that was awhile ago.

Ran in another autox with the Wiregrass group in AL. Great group with an awesome place to run. The grip is huge. RAW managed a 20 out of a field of 43 cars, 17 in PAX. Not great, so so. Got a 2nd in STR but there were just 2 of us, LOL.

Last race for this year. Moving to Satellite Beach FL in Jan.

Whoa, that is an oldie. Nice find Josh.

I spent an afternoon in Satellite Beach. Bought my Shinsen at Space Coast Auto there. Later that day I met you and Mary for dinner.

Stopped at Moes yesterday to get our daughter a gc and the owner saw my Miata jacket and asked if I was a racer or a fan. Tokd him a fan as I own 3. He invited me to autocross next season with one of the local groups. Said they do Pocono and its good for beginners as there isnt a sea of cones to get lost in. Lol. I might just check it out.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

HO HO HO my New England framily!!! Merry Christmas and all that jazz! I hope everyone is well and surviving hunkering down for the winter. We had a VERY crazy year this year, between our Mazda Corrals and crewing for a Porsche GT3 cup team in the IGT series, crewing for a Chumpcar team, running our own MSP (Spicy is still kickin' it!!!) with NASA and AutoInterests .. super busy. We were lucky if we were home one weekend a month. 2017 we are cutting back a bit, says Marlon for now. ; ) LOL. We'll see how it all plays out ...

Unfortunately in the fall I had another PET Scan that showed a couple of small spots popping up in my abdomen. Luckily this time I didn't have to go through a major surgery, so I've been tackling chemo head on once again starting at the beginning of October. 6 rounds, once every 3 weeks, which will end the week before Daytona in January. Then I'll stay on one of the chemo drugs, Avastin, once every 3 weeks for at least 3 rounds, if not longer, for maintenance. I am scheduled for another PET Scan next week, so we'll see if it's working. The bloodwork shows that it is, anyway, so as usual, I am feeling positive. PMA WINS!! I definitely feel a lot better going through this without having gone through a major surgery to start. I feel blah for about a week, then by the second week I'm pretty much back to as normal as I get these days.

Now on to MOCO business. Marlon and I made a last minute trip down to PRI in Indianapolis this past weekend. We succeeded in running into some old friends ... like RANDY POBST!! and Jim Jordan (formerly MAZDA who now works for Pirelli World Challenge) ... and HE wants us BACK!!! He wants us at LRP and VIR this year. So I think we are going to oblige. I've missed our Memorial Day Weekends at LRP. Will most of you be OK with that? If we do our Mazda Corral on Memorial Day vs in July? I hope so ... the few I've talked to so far are cool with it ... and it's NICE to be WANTED again!!!! I have not contacted the track yet, but I'm thinking because it's PWC and not IMSA, it may be cheaper too. Let's see what we can do to get a BIG group of our MEEPS together again, like in the old days! Let me know your thoughts.

As always, THANK YOU for your continued support and HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!! ((( HUGS)))

Do it Jeff. It's a great way to see how your car handles at the limit in a safe environment. The sea of cones can be confusing but after an event or 2 you will get it. Nice thing about it is you don't have to mod your car to have fun at autox.

Lauri, glad to hear you're doing ok.

I'd love to do LRP on Memorial Day weekend, only issue for me is where to stay??

Last edited:
Whoa, that is an oldie. Nice find Josh.

I spent an afternoon in Satellite Beach. Bought my Shinsen at Space Coast Auto there. Later that day I met you and Mary for dinner.

Stopped at Moes yesterday to get our daughter a gc and the owner saw my Miata jacket and asked if I was a racer or a fan. Tokd him a fan as I own 3. He invited me to autocross next season with one of the local groups. Said they do Pocono and its good for beginners as there isnt a sea of cones to get lost in. Lol. I might just check it out.

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

As brucey said do it!!!!

HO HO HO my New England framily!!! Merry Christmas and all that jazz! I hope everyone is well and surviving hunkering down for the winter. We had a VERY crazy year this year, between our Mazda Corrals and crewing for a Porsche GT3 cup team in the IGT series, crewing for a Chumpcar team, running our own MSP (Spicy is still kickin' it!!!) with NASA and AutoInterests .. super busy. We were lucky if we were home one weekend a month. 2017 we are cutting back a bit, says Marlon for now. ; ) LOL. We'll see how it all plays out ...

Unfortunately in the fall I had another PET Scan that showed a couple of small spots popping up in my abdomen. Luckily this time I didn't have to go through a major surgery, so I've been tackling chemo head on once again starting at the beginning of October. 6 rounds, once every 3 weeks, which will end the week before Daytona in January. Then I'll stay on one of the chemo drugs, Avastin, once every 3 weeks for at least 3 rounds, if not longer, for maintenance. I am scheduled for another PET Scan next week, so we'll see if it's working. The bloodwork shows that it is, anyway, so as usual, I am feeling positive. PMA WINS!! I definitely feel a lot better going through this without having gone through a major surgery to start. I feel blah for about a week, then by the second week I'm pretty much back to as normal as I get these days.

Now on to MOCO business. Marlon and I made a last minute trip down to PRI in Indianapolis this past weekend. We succeeded in running into some old friends ... like RANDY POBST!! and Jim Jordan (formerly MAZDA who now works for Pirelli World Challenge) ... and HE wants us BACK!!! He wants us at LRP and VIR this year. So I think we are going to oblige. I've missed our Memorial Day Weekends at LRP. Will most of you be OK with that? If we do our Mazda Corral on Memorial Day vs in July? I hope so ... the few I've talked to so far are cool with it ... and it's NICE to be WANTED again!!!! I have not contacted the track yet, but I'm thinking because it's PWC and not IMSA, it may be cheaper too. Let's see what we can do to get a BIG group of our MEEPS together again, like in the old days! Let me know your thoughts.

As always, THANK YOU for your continued support and HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!! ((( HUGS)))

Merry Christmas to you and the big guy as well! Glad to hear things are more positive than negative for you. You have the right attitude for sure!! I'll be sure to keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers!

I'd love to be back at LRP in May!!!![emoji594] lets do it!

Bring the ol' crew back together again! I'd love that. Always thought that LRP is about the Mazda peeps, the races are a bonus no matter what they are. ;) During ALMS I'd still meet up with some Mazda folk.

Big hugs back at ya and one for the man. Stay positive, we are always here for ya!

Lauri, that is one crazy year! Do your best to rest during this Holiday season. Sorry to hear the news but happy you didn't have to undergo major surgery again. Tam and I have you in our thoughts and prayers! As Mark said, you have the right attitude....POSITIVE! Stay strong and let us know should you need anything! Regarding MOCO, another yay vote for May! :D

I knew I could count on you guys to push me towards autox. haha Still trying to imagine in my head as to what he was talking about with using no cones at Pocono. I'm thinking they use a variation of the road course for the track? That would be fun and neat. Might just check it out for some fun. I can worry about a helmet and classes later.

I booked a room in Bristol last year Bruce. It was about an hour drive from the track. We could share a room if you wanted, maybe even try booking somewhere closer?

Lauri glad to hear you're doing ok. Stay strong!

Amanda and I love LRP in May so the switch to Memorial Day would be great. It's a long weekend and gives us more time to settle into the camping area. Those 2 day weekends always feel rushed...although since Amanda will be in school we wouldn't be able to get there until Friday.

I was at the dealership today getting an oil change and state inspection. Decided to give the new CX-9 for a spin. The interior is amazing and packed full of new features that actually work compared to my 2013 model. I really liked the controls for the entertainment system and there were lots of other new things to discover like USB ports in the rear armrest. One feature that really surprised me was the HD traffic map. No need for NAV. Just flip the dial and it loads up an image of greater Boston and shows you where the traffic is. Amazing! On the road, it felt sporty like all Mazdas and not any different than my current CX-9. The turbo-4 however is not as exciting as the magazine articles lead you to believe. A direct comparison: The outgoing V6 has way more grunt for passing on the highway and does it with excitement. The turbo-4 gets you up to speed without effort, but its subdued and I definitely felt it run out of breath as the RPMs increased. I tried the sport mode briefly but it didn't really make a difference (unlike the CX-3 and CX-5 where it is immediately noticeable). It's not a bad motor, and if it'll return 27 mpg or at least low to mid 20s with mix driving I could live with it. However, I cannot justify the price of a new one. Unless Mazda offers some discounts in the coming months I think I'll wait until I start seeing certified pre-owned models hit the dealer lots. It would be over $100/month increase in car payment and I just don't see that value when I could instead drop a few grand on a really nice aftermarket head unit to get what I really want...better bluetooth/audio/pandora/voice integration. I've got 40,000 miles left on my CPO warranty and if I drive the RX-7 mostly during the summer months, I won't use that up for another 4 years.

I hear you Chris. I would just upgrade the HU and keep the money. I tend to keep my cars until they start costing me heavy in repairs.

Back