What have you done to your Mazda3 today?

Multiple Lighting Projects

Over the winter I accumulated a bunch of lighting projects for my 3 that I put off 'till the weather improved. Well I FINALLY got them installed... (sorry, not the greatest pics!)

Predator Chromium Angel Eyes

P1010170.jpg

Angel Eyes directly wired to LED toggle switch on dash

P1010172.jpg

Angel Eyes with parking lights on

P1010163.jpg

While I had the headlights out for the Angel Eye install, I installed some DDM 55w 6000K HID low beams with the additional harness that draws the power to the headlamps directly from the battery

P1010162.jpg

Once I was done up front, I installed some Option Racing LED taillights in the back

P1010165.jpg

and an LED 3rd brake light from the Xenon Store

P1010167.jpg

I also installed some chrome-covered amber turn signal bulbs up front and lightly sprayed some amber turn signal bulbs with some Nite Shades for the back.

Whew!!

bro? lol im a girl hehe :)

SORRY! Should have known that the first time I actually use that phrase on this forum that it would be a female that I'm responding to! (hand) My apologies...(bow)

Over the winter I accumulated a bunch of lighting projects for my 3 that I put off 'till the weather improved. Well I FINALLY got them installed... (sorry, not the greatest pics!)

While I had the headlights out for the Angel Eye install, I installed some DDM 55w 6000K HID low beams with the additional harness that draws the power to the headlamps directly from the battery

Once I was done up front, I installed some Option Racing LED taillights in the back

and an LED 3rd brake light from the Xenon Store

I also installed some chrome-covered amber turn signal bulbs up front and lightly sprayed some amber turn signal bulbs with some Nite Shades for the back.

Whew!!

Good Work!!! That was all in one day??? All that would've taken me a week of intensive modding to do... well, maybe several days at least.

Your mod list is starting to look a lot like mine!! I never did the Angel Eyes and have Amber LED bulbs in the rear turn signals, but everything I just highlighted in your post is the same as mine... only different. :D

It looks like you decided to keep the OE reverse lights too, yes? I was pretty sure I wasn't going to like the AM ones too, but installed them just to have a look. They didn't last an hour before I went back to the OEs.

SORRY! Should have known that the first time I actually use that phrase on this forum that it would be a female that I'm responding to! (hand) My apologies...(bow)

Lol its alright. I'm just giving you a hard time. (2thumbs) I'm so used to it from the video game forum I am in also.

Good Work!!! That was all in one day??? All that would've taken me a week of intensive modding to do... well, maybe several days at least.

Your mod list is starting to look a lot like mine!! I never did the Angel Eyes and have Amber LED bulbs in the rear turn signals, but everything I just highlighted in your post is the same as mine... only different. :D

It looks like you decided to keep the OE reverse lights too, yes? I was pretty sure I wasn't going to like the AM ones too, but installed them just to have a look. They didn't last an hour before I went back to the OEs.

Well...It wasn't all in one day. Took two days to take the headlights apart to do the Angel Eyes install and to do all the wiring for everything in the front (Angel Eyes, HID's + I FINALLY got my oil pressure and oil temperature gauges in my gauge pod wired to their respective sensors!).

It then took an additional afternoon to install the rear taillights and LED 3rd brake light. And, NO, I didn't keep the OEM reverse lights. Like you, I don't really care for the AM reverse lights--THEY'RE TOO BIG! I like the smaller "circle" of the OEM reverse lights better. However, I thought it would look stupid if I had these nice clean outer lenses (brake lights/turn signal) and worn inner ones (reverse lights). I'm kinda getting used to the AM ones. They're not as noticeable to me as they initially were.

I DID purchase a Wolfgang headlight lens restoration kit and it did wonders for my headlights and foglights. And I really didn't think that they were that bad to begin with! Maybe I could use it on the reverse light lenses as well... Another project for another day!

BTW, nice job on your HD lip and Lamin-x installs! Your wife's car is starting to look like yours! However, we all know it'll never be as cool! (drive)

i just bought a set of 2010 Speed3 rims. got to get some tires put on them and does anybody know where i can find an oem rear bumper lip that came on the 1st gen speed 3's?

Angel eyes looks sweet intimidator. (2thumbs)

Just ordered some yellow Lamin-x fog light films. Nothin big.

Post a pic when they're on.

Decided to paint the calipers and center-hub of the rotors.
I think it turned out pretty good.
What do you think?

Front Before Paint......
01FrontPre-Paint.jpg

Front After Paint......
02FrontPainted.jpg

Rear Before Paint......
03RearPre-Paint.jpg

Rear After Paint......
04RearPainted.jpg

Overall Look After Paint......
05SidePostPaint-1.jpg

... I FINALLY got my oil pressure and oil temperature gauges in my gauge pod wired to their respective sensors!).

... Like you, I don't really care for the AM reverse lights--THEY'RE TOO BIG! I like the smaller "circle" of the OEM reverse lights better. However, I thought it would look stupid if I had these nice clean outer lenses (brake lights/turn signal) and worn inner ones (reverse lights). I'm kinda getting used to the AM ones. They're not as noticeable to me as they initially were.

I DID purchase a Wolfgang headlight lens restoration kit and it did wonders for my headlights and foglights. And I really didn't think that they were that bad to begin with! Maybe I could use it on the reverse light lenses as well... Another project for another day!

BTW, nice job on your HD lip and Lamin-x installs! Your wife's car is starting to look like yours! However, we all know it'll never be as cool! (drive)
Thanks!! Yeah, we seem to go for the same colors in cars. I had a burgundy, so she had to get burgundy. I bought the white 3 so she had to get a white Vibe. And of course I am making most of the decisions as far as the modding is concerned, so both being white, what works on mine works on hers also.

Polishing your tails will bring them back, but you didn't need to buy a system for that. I bought a new tub of Dupont #7 car polish, which is basically what those kits consist of anyway. $3.99.
Maybe not the best pic, but here are mine w/the OE reverse lights. They've been on for about a year now.

IMG_1948-1.jpg

The angel eyes look good, as always. I hope you used clear silicone to attach them and not the double-sided tape they come w/though? That stuff yellows and then browns out, as a friend of mine found out.

nice angel eyes NTIMD, i hope to get some, some day!

and Amen to that! (drive2)

What do you mean? I like her Vibe, though I wish it were a monchrome instead of two-tone.
I also wish she would allow me to do more in the way of performance upgrades too, but not her. She doesn't even want to tint the windows... IN TEXAS???
Angel eyes looks sweet intimidator. (2thumbs)
Just ordered some yellow Lamin-x fog light films. Nothin big.
Post a pic when they're on.

You better!! :D Take my advise though and order the headlamp film too. You won't be sorry, even if you only want to clear them. I NEVER recommend using smoked film/spray on anything though. It's dangerous and asking for trouble IMO.
After 4yrs of sitting outside in all weather, the film was pretty shot. Faded and had hardened on the edges, but still protecting the lenses from chips and this MASSIVE, abusive Texas sun we have here.
If I have to do it over in another four years, I will. 'Cheap insurance.

What do you think?

Yup!! Looks pretty good MF67!! And you don't see too many of us sticking w/a stock looking silver color for the calipers either, but it looks good!!
(Stealthy) (2thumbs)

I've really got to redo mine too. I used the Duplicolor ceramic and it has chipped badly over the years. I'm gonna try the epoxy this time. It should last and look good for a long time. Well, half of the new rotors are in and the pads have been here, and new stickers from XenonMods are coming too so it won't be too long now.....

Last edited:
Mazdafreak67 what kind of shocks/suspension/springs whatever you call it, do you have? I don't really know much about cars except how to drive them fast. I don't know where to begin as far as lowering it. I like the way yours looks so I figured I'd ask.

If anybody has any advice it'd be appreciated. Kind of a noob here (hand)

What do you think?

SWEET! Looks great! (first) Now all you need are some black caliper decals from XenonMods! Those will look awesome on the silver calipers!

Mazdafreak67 what kind of shocks/suspension/springs whatever you call it, do you have? I don't really know much about cars except how to drive them fast. I don't know where to begin as far as lowering it. I like the way yours looks so I figured I'd ask.

If anybody has any advice it'd be appreciated. Kind of a noob here (hand)

I've actually done a couple of things....
Replaced the factory springs with Eibach Sportline springs that drop it nearly 2 full inches. Let me warn you, these babies are stiff, but the handling is phenomenal. Dropped 2 full seconds on my autocross times.
My rear camber was already -1.5 degrees with the factory springs, so I added the SPC adjustable rear upper camber links when adding the Eibachs. Now, even lowered it's only -1.0 degrees in the rear.

So, my recommendation is to decide what's most important and also what you're willing to sacrifice before making a decision.
If you want Max Performance and adjustability, and price is no object, then go for a full adjustable coil-over setup.
If you just want to go low and get great handling with no regard for comfort or suspension travel, then get the Sportlines, or Tein S-Tech, or Megans.
If you want better handling but still a nice ride with a 1" drop, then get the Eibach Pro-Kit or Tein H-Tech springs.
Then, the only other decision is whether or not to add the rear camber links. Note, the rear camber is non-adjustable from the factory, so taking it to an alignment shop will only tell you what it is.

Last edited:
I just put my cold air intake. I got one off of ebay and honestly it's incredible. brand new intake for around 60$ I can't complain.

36368_505554134471_117000196_30142465_4649759_n.jpg

Last edited:
Dang, $60 is a heck of a deal.

Cellphone pic makes the HD lip look all crooked, but it's not really like that. Custom cut matte black vinyl.

37321_1366474440908_1203060033_3089.jpg

Back