What have you done to your Mazda3 today?

I painted my front emblem black. It looks pretty good on a sunlight silver car. I also bought an Axela badge at the occ meet and painted that black. havent put it on my car yet, probably this week and i hand washed and waxed it.

I painted my front emblem black. It looks pretty good on a sunlight silver car. I also bought an Axela badge at the occ meet and painted that black. havent put it on my car yet, probably this week and i hand washed and waxed it.

nice. i need to give my car a nice wash and wax. the things i hate most about cars lol. (and i love the smiley face on your sig with the shifty eyes lol)

nice. i need to give my car a nice wash and wax. the things i hate most about cars lol. (and i love the smiley face on your sig with the shifty eyes lol)

lol i love this shifty eyes. washing and waxing is my favorite and least favorite thing to do with my car. i get a little OCD when i wash my car.

I broke down and picked up a CPE towplate. Talk about stout. It would make a great push bar.

and it's turning some heads when we go by another 3...

Removed the now burned and faded Rock Blockers in preparation for the new Lamin-X film on the way.
The RB's did their job protecting the headlight lens though. No addition degradation of the polycarbonate layer. They look as good and clear as the day I installed the RB's, but what a pain to remove them. The adhesive that "is so easy to remove" and "most should come off with the film," did not.
Tar and bug remover (Turtle Wax T&B Remover was recommended) hardly touched the stuff. I used half a bottle of adhesive remover, half a roll of paper towels and a soft plastic scraper, then the T&BR for further sun protection (carnauba wax) and to clean up the adhesive remover... plus 1-1/2 hrs and a lot of sweat.

I broke down and picked up a CPE towplate. Talk about stout. It would make a great push bar.

and it's turning some heads when we go by another 3...

Awesomeness! How long did it take you to get it installed, start to finish?

Not more than twenty minutes. I was amazed how easy it was to do. Here's how it turned out. Sorry for the background, I just took the pics at work...It is a little pricy but well worth the $$ when you see how it's built. I haven't yet plugged the holes that the old plate frame was mounted with but they're so small you can't hardly see them.

2356599410029704457S425x425Q85.jpg
2179462060029704457S425x425Q85.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Antoine! I think they came out just right. There's more to come too.

Looks good on gray. But REALLY GREAT on white!! :D :D :D (Sorry for the dirty bumper cover. I took these about ten minutes ago... :eek:)

IMG_1970-1.jpg

I'm not trying to burst your bubble here really, but mine light up w/3 LEDs in each of them too.
IMG_1969-1.jpg

Here's what I did to mine today....
Before (Hint: Old faded "Blue" RockBlockers:)

IMG_1952-1.jpg

After (Hint: New Blue Lamin-X:)
IMG_1959-1.jpg

I HIGHLY recommend this mod to anyone wanting to save their expensive, plastic headlight lenses. I put the RB's on nearly 4 yrs ago (2006) and my lenses were already showing signs of age. And when I took them off before installing the Lamin-X film, they looked just exactly how I remembered them 4yrs ago. Really cheap insurance, IMO. About a $1.35/month for protection. And if you want them in color, a nice appearance mod too.
Naturally, I polished the lenses completely clear again before installing the film this time. Live and learn!!

I also cleaned the CAI filter (first time, 30k miles) and drained the H2O (right! W~A~T~E~R!!!) out of the LS fog light(?) That's a first also!! I hope I got it sealed up correctly now too?

Last edited:
Nah Man, I was just messin' w/cha'!!
I've had mine for a few years now... eBay specials, but I'm very happy w/them.
Yours do look good on the gray... and I'm being serious about that now.
I'm also glad to see that you didn't clear the rears, which is not only illegal in most states, but potentially dangerous too. 'Course big trucks w/BIG smooth shiny chrome bumpers are even more dangerous, especially when they shine your own headlights back in your eyes. I HATE that!!!
Did you add the spoiler too or was that the factory optioned one?
'Need to lose that side molding though, Bud. I'm sure you've seen 3's like that before. It just makes the sides SOOOO much cleaner. Easier and nicer to wash too.

Last edited:
lol well thanks! i like em! yeah i honsetly did not know rear reflectors could be illegal lol and yeah i know what you mean bout them dang trucks! veeeerrrrrrry annoying! and thats the factory spoiler! (thumb) this mite sound dumb lol, im not real sure how to remove the side moldings and afraid i would mess something up lol, my main concern is what if the paint is faded were the side molding were!

Back