What have you done to your Mazda3 today?

1st: Yes. Most states require that the rear reflectors be/show RED only. Clear ones might confuse other drivers into thinking its the front of the car and cause an accident.
2nd: Removing the molding is fairly easy. You would need a way to get them started, such as dental floss, fishing line or an old guitar string. Wait for a warm day, but I do not recommend direct sun light. I had the hardest time w/the LS of mine and the sun was on it. Peel them back slowly using the "tool" to get them started only. Most of the adhesive will come off, but what's left will come using Goo-Gone or some other adhesive remover. I actually used WD-40 on mine. Pros have been known to use that to remove stripes!!
If the body has faded, and that's likely, use some polish to help hide the different shades. If it's really bad use compound first, but only as a last resort. You may be amazed just how fast the line will blend in w/the rest. It may take a few weeks but it will disappear.
The good news is, you will no longer have a place for dirt, grim and especially grit to build up under there. Mine were awful and I was sorry I hadn't done it sooner. They took some polish, time, patience and some elbow grease to make it look right again, but be patient. Be sure to fully clean and wax that area when finished.
And as I'd said, it makes it much easier to wash and clean the sides of the car w/o them, and you will LOVE the look.

Last edited:
lol that just sounds funny about people thinkin it could be the front of the car, its like how ever could u think that? lol, but im sure it happens! also, thanks for the info, but i honestly dont mind my side moldings lol, i dont think there bad lookin! but maybe some day ill take them off! (dunno)

28483_505504274391_117000196_30140726_7853824_n.jpg

Newly painted black emblems and badges as Axela.

"im not real sure how to remove the side moldings"
you could try a heat gun/ blow dryer to help start the removal of the mouldings then just slowly peel them off. -3M- sells a "wheel" of sorts that is a foam like material that attaches to a drill and virtually rolls the adhesive off without paint damage. i still have my mouldings on but i used to sell auto body supplies and we moved a pile of these things!

The difficulty is not always in doing the mod itself. The difficulty often comes trying to keep it up. Maintenance is usually required after the fact.

BTW: I love your choice of smilies, MZ3SPORTRUE!! ("Protest")

Use a blow-dryer and a plastic paint spreader to remove side moldings and badges. Once you warm up the molding with the blow-dryer slide the spreader underneath it slowly the whole way across the panel. Should come off cleanly and easily. Just be careful you don't press little rocks/sand into the paint while doing it. WASH THOROUGHLY FIRST.

My emblems are black too. Looks good (cool)

Just ordered my intake- i did go with an ebay intake but i made sure to read the customer reviews and they are all positive, so i'm going to give it a shot.

Considering it costs about 4x's less than a name brand I suppose you could do worse, but keep an eye on those connectors for cracking and the filter for developing holes. They may be made of a non-silicone rubber (regular unreinforced neoprene) and crack over time.
Then again, it may turn out to be a worthwhile cost saving purchase? Who knows?

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

I figured it's worth a try for the price. I'll def. keep updates to tell you you all know how it works out. I just got the email saying its shipping today. :)

OK, not earth-shattering news, but I've waited probably a year to do this. That's right. This stuff has been in my shop for over a year.
Install of the day, and yes I know my fog light surrounds are chipped:

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

I also "green greased" my replacement polyurethane rear sway bar bushings for the Progress... soon to be replaced by a R. B. anyway.

you should next time def. say what you actually did lol, i was staring at these pics for a couple mins and was like what is he talkin about? it all loooks stock except for the chipped fog surrounds lol, then i finally noticed the hd lip (assumin thats what you was talkin bout lol)

See? You got it and I didn't have to be specific. :D You know the old saying, " A picture is worth 1000 words.

But the real automotive challenge of the day was doing this to the wife's Vibe:

IMG_1973.jpg

The compound curve in the Mazda3 headlights are no match for the curve in the Vibes.
Lamin-X does not offer precuts for the Vibe, so I had to use bulk and cut them myself.
Good thing I've done this several times before, and even w/that they did not come out perfect.

So after, I had all these cut-off pieces left and wondered what I should do with them? This is what I came up with:

IMG_1974.jpg

To my eye it helps complete the look. What do you guys think? Opinions ((yupnope) (cool) (dunno) (gtfo) (hand) (no) (2thumbs) (notcool)) welcomed.

Last edited:
Back