Ipod Intergration w/factory Nav

AH! There's a screenshot a few pages back in this thread. It is the "MODE" button on the Sirius screen.

Press THAT! :) I forget which way it needs to be toggled, but THAT'S the button.

Mode Settings

Well thanks for the help - again

I tried to set the Mode to categories + switch channels within the category

Now when I advance the station with the steering wheel controls, the mode switches back to what it was. How do you lock in the mode setting ? I have tried just setting it and waiting till it returned to Nav screen. I have tried pushing the RTN button. All with the same result?

Here are my settings

set catagory to "tracks"
push Mode button on right and set to change channels within Sirius
Radio presets set to 10,11,12,13,14,15 on SR1
16,17,18,19,20,21 on SR2
SR3 is silent and doesnt work with my Neo unit ?

thoughts and comments ??

even if I am in Nav screen and advance tracks using SWC (steering wheel controls) I still get a pop up message alerting me that I am back to the default settings in the Mode options ??

The key word is patience...

I was having the same problem when pressing the track advance from the steering wheel and/or the navigation unit.

Once you the set CATEGORY by pressing the MODE button, the word CATEGORY will be displayed on the top right next to the ch010, also you will notice that in the top digital panel next to the AC and temperature you will see the word TRACK; what you need to do is wait 1 or 2 seconds after pressing the track advance button before pressing again, you are waiting for the top digital display change from CHANEL 011 back to TRACK before hitting it again.

I hope this helps.

Track Advance w/SWC

OK,

I definitely have the mode set to "category" and the digital display shows that category is on. However as soon as I use the SWC to advance the track, a pop up message appears on the Nav screen as well as the digital display and says category off.

So I am still unable to use the track advance via the SWC. I have tried changing the audio settings via the touch screen to all the available settings (chapter, track) all with the same result. This is getting frustrating because I am very good with electronics and very intuitive with things. I just dont understand why the track advance will not function via SWC.

Any thoughts and comments welcome.

SWC= steering wheel controls

Track Advance w/SWC

To control the NEO the click on the SWC is different than for the CDs and radio, the typical CD and radio click is: press, release.... with the NEO to advance once you set the CATEGORY to TRACK is: press, hold, release... you need to hold for a second before releasing, if you hold it to long you will skip 2 or 3 songs. It takes a little practise.

By the way, today I tried the press, hold, release from the SWC before waiting for TRACK to appear next to the time and temperature on the digital display and it worked, but always press, hold, release.

Neo ipod Adapter & Nav HU

Little help please...I've attached a picture of the back of the navigation head unit. For those who have successfully hooked up the Neo ipod adapter, which unused connection on the back did you plug their cable into...the one on the left next to the antenna port or the one on the right?

Thanks.
Mark

Attachments

• cx7-navi-back1.jpg
    cx7-navi-back1.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 347
Which Port

Although I had me installed by a pro, I would think since they are different sizes it will only fit into one of the two, I am going with the one on the right since its behind the Sat switch on the face......

good luck

Although I had me installed by a pro, I would think since they are different sizes it will only fit into one of the two, I am going with the one on the right since its behind the Sat switch on the face......

good luck

Actually the radio is pulled straight out and turned upside down so the SAT button is actually on the left side by the antena port and the MEDIA button is on the right side. Thanks for your input. Hopefully someone who self-installed successfully can give me a definitve answer.

Mark

Just wondering if anyone would be willing to share how much they spent on professional installation of the Neo Audio Ipod adapter (Neo ProLink PODMAZ-R2V1) on a CX-7 with Navigation.

I received a quote at $90 for installation (an hour of work). If it takes more than an hour, the installation cost is capped at $140. Does this sound reasonable?

Thank for your help.

Last edited:
Pro Install

Tiger

If you live in Northern NJ I can give you my guy who will come to your house and do it in your driveway for about 60.00 and be done in under 30min.

Your quote of 90 sounds about right and it really should be under an hour in and out. Just make sure you will have access to the Neo afterwards in the event you need to reset the dip switches. Read back further in this thread and you will know how you need to set them based on which generation iPod you have.

Good Luck the sound is AWESOME !!

Tiger

If you live in Northern NJ I can give you my guy who will come to your house and do it in your driveway for about 60.00 and be done in under 30min.

Your quote of 90 sounds about right and it really should be under an hour in and out. Just make sure you will have access to the Neo afterwards in the event you need to reset the dip switches. Read back further in this thread and you will know how you need to set them based on which generation iPod you have.

Good Luck the sound is AWESOME !!

Thanks for volunteering that information. I received another quote for $160, so installation costs are clearly on the high end here on the West Coast. I'll be opting for the $90 quote, since the installers have a good reputation.

Hi All

Anyone here with the Neo ProLink PODMAZ-R2V1 have a PDF copy of the manual or could tell me...

How switching iPod playback modes (artist, album, playlist,...) works?

I have the Mazda iPod adapter and I don't like how the Disc buttons are overloaded for switching iPod playback modes and for switching between albums/playlists. Plus I'd like to have text on the LED display.

I have the non-Nav Bose package in my CX-7.

Thanks

Have the '07 CX-7 with Bose/6 CD changer, but no NAV. Recently bought and installed the Neo Prolink. The directions are useless...I have an iPod 30G Video...does anyone know what the dim switches for this particular iPod are? Also, am I correct in that I need to set my sirius presets to 10,11,12,13 etc in order to get the SWC to work as track advancers? Any information is greatly appreciated...I know the information is listed above but it seems that it's for those with NAV...is the information the same without NAV?

Thanks!

How exciting... NOT

So once again... Screwed!

I own a CX7 with the Tech/Nav system. I was so excited to hear about the PODMAZR2V1 being a solution to one the biggest blunders/oversight in the CX7. I called and talked to the rep... I was sold, eager and ready to sign on the dotted line and then it happened. "What kind of Ipod do you have? Sir"...

Dumb founded because I stupidly assumed this solution was simply an interface of some sort with an Aux line input... I stuttered my answer. "I have a Microsoft Zune player". To which he replied "Yeah... that is not compatible".

NOOOOOOOOO! DAAAAMNNNN YOUUUUUU APPLE and DAAAAAAMMMNNN YOU MICROSOFT.

Neo Ipod Adapter

Hi Jlove,
So The Neo Ipod adapter has two inputs. The first being for the Ipod, and the second being a regular 1/8" stereo input. The 1/8" stereo input combined with a 1/8" stereo extention cable available at any radio shack would allow you to connect your Zune through it's headphone jack. No, it would not allow you to connect it through the proprietary connection on the bottom of your zune, but you would still be able to connect your zune and play it in your car. Yes, it is kind of an expensive solution, but a solution none the less.

I just got an 09 and it has an aux-in. It works well and sounds great. It is located in the center console right next to the power outlet. It uses the same headunit as before but it also came with sirius so their must be a switch box in there somewhere. The aux-in is activated by the media button, but it does not display any info and you can't change tracks from the wheel/radio, you can just adjust the sound.

At least they finally added the one option i really wanted the last few years.

Latest posts

Back