Ipod Intergration w/factory Nav

WWNJCX7

Sorry if this question has been answered before....

My car has the tech pkg....So if I am not using the SAT RADIO - is there a way to use the SAT RAD port to intergrate an IPOD ?

Also, does anyone know if there are any RCA ports on the back of the BOSE HU, if so perhaps installing a "Y" connector would allow IPOD intergration. My brother inlaw had this done on his AUDI whereby they installed a "Y" connector on the CD Player which meant as long as you werent playing a CD, you simply used the IPOD instead. No charging or steering wheel controls other than volume, but heck I would surely settle for this setup in my CX7

Anyone that can confirm either of these solutions as possible, PLEASE advise

Pictures of Bose Factory HU w/Nav

Does anyone have access to pictures of the what the back of the Factory Bose w/Nav looks like out of the box. Like close ups of back and sides, this IPOD thing has to have a solution ! I would like to see the connectors and inputs...If you have any PLEASE post them or send them to me

Thanks

The audiolink works great w/ the non-Bose unit. Not sure about the Bose unit. Why don't you just take the faceplate off to look at yours? It takes a bit sweat and leap of faith, but it's really easy once you follow the tutorial posted in this forum.

Sorry if this question has been answered before....

Well - maybe not ANSWERED before... but it's been the subject of MANY topics here (if you were to search the forums).

Some of us are pretty irritated - dare I say "pissed-off" about the "Tech Package" not being able to interface with one of the most prominent pieces of consumer electronics in the past decade.

For my long trips, I want "my music"... and I don't want to have to burn .MP3 CDs and remember what song is where... the random feature on the Nav/CD player is PITIFUL. If you set it to shuffle, it only shuffles THAT DISC. If you want to skip a song and you hit the "track forward" button, it disables the random feature AND it forgets what you already listened to before it so-rudely disengaged you.

I am VERY disappointed with the Audio "solution" in the CX-7. If it weren't so expensive to rip it all out and start-over to get ALL THE SAME features such as reverse camera, steering-wheel controls, communication with the dash HUD, etc... I'd replace it all - but we're talking in the THOU$ANDS.

As of right now - there is no solution that is usable with the Nav-units.

Pics of inputs on back of factory Navigation

I just pulled the stereo out and took some pics of the inputs on the back. Here they are. It looks like the input next to the AM/FM antenna port matches the connector for RPM's iPod Integration.

http://www.therpmstore.com/product_info.php?products_id=142

Any thoughts on this? Has anyone with the factory Nav system bought the RPM product and tried to install it?

Attachments

• 4931web.jpg
    4931web.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 712
  • 4932web.jpg
    4932web.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 603
  • 4933web.jpg
    4933web.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 515
Inputs & Pics

Great pics......thanks for sharing

although the RPM adaptor looks like it could fit, the site page itself clearly states that it is not compatable with factory NAV systems. Still cant figure out why BOSE would design a system without compatability in this day and age.

It is not designed by Bose - the head unit just uses Bose technologies and Bose speakers. Bose has never designed a head unit (unilt recently for Ferrari).

That looks like a cool system. I've always been impressed by the bose home audio experience. Now I just wish I had an extra $300K laying around for the Scaglietti

Just installed the RPM Ipod Integration adapter and it didn't work! SUCKS ASS!!! It charged the iPod but when I pressed the SAT button nothing happened. I tried everything. Back to the drawing board I guess. The instructions that were included gave examples of the displaying of iPod info. It was limited just like Mazda's iPod adapter. LAME!!! Guess it doesn't matter anyways since it doesn't work.

Ipod/Aux Adapter

Just received my Neo Prolink adapter which is basically made for our car and supposedly will not effect the nav system. Will try to install it this weekend and let you all know how it went. You can go to their site and read their info.
http://www.icarkits.com/

This doesn't work if you have Sirius:

The Neo Pro Link - PODMAZR2V1 plugs directly into the satellite radio port located on the back of the factory radio. No cutting or splicing wires is necessary to connect this adapter. The iPod is accessed by pressing the SAT button, or by pressing the source / mode button until the iPod is selected on the radio.

In-dash CD changers, and Navigation Systems are unaffected by the Neo Pro Link PODMAZR2V1 and will continue to work normally.

You can install the Neo Pro Link - PODMAZR2V1 yourself, or you can take it to any local car stereo shop, mechanic, or dealership to have put in. Detailed installation instructions are included.

Important Notes:
This adapter is compatible with the new Apple iPhone
New! - This adapter is compatible with the new Apple iPods; Classic, Touch, and Nano Gen 3.
In order for this adapter to work, your radio must have an SAT button, usually located in the lower left corner.

sucks for me... guess i'll stick with the RF adapter. Somebody needs to make a switch box or something to solve this problem

Well! Installed it today and once I program it, it works great, just have to remember which preset key to push to select either a track or playlist and it does display the artist or song whichever one you prefer. The only issue that I've seen is that when you either turn off power or select AM/FM/CD the Ipod will display that it's ok to disconnect and when you do, you do not have access to the menu, it's like lock even though you can hear the clicking when you press the menu key. Now once you go back to Sat, the songs starts playing again but still display on the Ipod screen that it's ok to disconnect. Weird!! I'll send an email to Neo.

Once I got home and connected to my pc and told it that it was safe to disconnect then it disconnected and had access to the menus again.

Latest posts

Back