grills

volito

anyone know where to get a grill to cover the intercooler area. searching and searching no luck?

thanks in advance

I'm ordering the high-flow grille for my 04 LS from MiataMania.com .

installed grill

volito said:
Miata Mania great site thanks.

Installed High flow grill from Mazda Mania.I noticed it didn't fit right sits back to far and is to flexible. Just didn't like the look of it.Anyways I came back to post this because I noticed an update on there site. They are saying it is not for the Mazdaspeed. I am currently looking for one that sits nice upfront and is sturdy.

Comments?

I got a highflow from Flyinmiata. and as unsturdy as they seem, they hold up VERY well.

I had a rock about the size of a golfball slam into mine while i was going about 75 MPH, it sounded like a broke something so i pulled off and just has a small dent on the left side of the grill, I have no doubt that rock would have put a hole in my radiator.

I used the Moss High flow while I was NA.
It was nearly invisible.

Since I went boosted and have the large FM II IC, I got rid of it.

Now it's as much airflow as I can force thru the IC to keep my radiator temps down out here in the Desert Southwest.

If you are trying to hide that tiny MSpeed IC, you can always try some flat back paint to stealth it up.

I was actually looking for something that is installed more to the outside than inside like the high flow one I got.The one I got is to the original bolts in the back and the bottom just lays there not sturdy at all actually moves very easily. It must actually be pushe against the IC at high speeds or windy days.I guess I'll search some more.

Thanks

volito said:
I was actually looking for something that is installed more to the outside than inside like the high flow one I got.The one I got is to the original bolts in the back and the bottom just lays there not sturdy at all actually moves very easily. It must actually be pushe against the IC at high speeds or windy days.I guess I'll search some more.

Thanks
they all mount up like that.

What about these ones, from Engeland.. (uhm)
50lge.jpg

http://www.mx5parts.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/177

that one should work just fine... two notches top hold it in, two slots on the side clear the tow hooks...

Golden ;)

Still looking anyone find new grill products.Looking for a type like a mess gate like on the more expensive cars example BMW (they have a NICE black hard plastic and metal mess) thanks!

Back