Transmission SLAM !

DBLXX

:
CX-5
On Saturday I backed up to my neighbors garage to load in the fishing equipment. Started the car - put it into DRIVE - and hit the gas as I normally would. About 2 seconds later it SLAMS into gear. Thought it was weird but just didn't give it a second thought.

On the highway....I hit the gas and it drops into a lower gear, then seems to immediately slip out, RPM's shoot up and SLAM.....into gear. Now I am wondering what the heck is up.

Slow down and then hit the gas and again, tranny drops a gear, RPM's shoot up then it seems to slip, RMP's go a touch higher and again - SLAM into gear.

Pull into a parking lot...head into Home Depot - come out and all back to normal. Drive to work today - all normal.

Weird.

Same problem with my 2015 cx5, I went to the dealership last week. They updated the PCM software and after that no more slam when I put out parking lot, but if you hit gas fast like R to D and aggressively give gas, it will still slam a little.

Really? Wow! My SCBS has only kicked in when getting to close to my garage door while it was going up.
Let us know what they say!!

Back