How to make the beeps go away? 2023 CX-5

I have a 2023 CX-5 with an annoying beeping issue. I put it in gear, absolutely nothing anywhere close to the vehicle, and I get a series of 3 beeps 5 times in a row. Is this normal? Also, sometimes when I’m backing up my driveway I get a continuous beep and there isn’t anything close to the vehicle.
How do I make these beeps go away?

Maybe the car isn't sensing the key inside the car. Where do you put the key fob? Maybe a low battery on the fob as well.

A lot of these problems can be resolved by replacing the battery. The batteries only good for supposedly three years so it might be worth the hassle to go buy an aftermarket battery and see if the issue resolves most offer 38 moneyback guarantee. Also consider replacing the battery in the remote and see if that makes any difference.

A lot of these problems can be resolved by replacing the battery. The batteries only good for supposedly three years so it might be worth the hassle to go buy an aftermarket battery and see if the issue resolves most offer 38 moneyback guarantee. Also consider replacing the battery in the remote and see if that makes any difference.
The car was built in September of 2023 so the battery should be fine. I spoke with a technician at my Mazda dealership yesterday and looks like I’ll be taking it in for some diagnostic testing as we tried a couple of things over the phone but it didn’t fix the problems. He thinks it’s a bad sensor so we will see.

Maybe the car isn't sensing the key inside the car. Where do you put the key fob? Maybe a low battery on the fob as well.
The key fob stays in my pocket. When my wife drives her fob is in her purse. According to a Mazda tech I would get a low fob battery warning on the instrument cluster if the fob battery was low. No warning.

Yeah. I have the keyless energy when the battery in key fob low.

About the other random issues that you’re having I can’t tell you how many people that have suffered weird, electrical, gremlins and lo and behold it was the battery even people with cars that are relatively a year whatever short period of time New. You could always stop into an AutoZone or pep boy for them to run a test on it just in case it is the battery “that is if you have time”

Please let us know what you find out.

Yeah. I have the keyless energy when the battery in key fob low.

About the other random issues that you’re having I can’t tell you how many people that have suffered weird, electrical, gremlins and lo and behold it was the battery even people with cars that are relatively a year whatever short period of time New. You could always stop into an AutoZone or pep boy for them to run a test on it just in case it is the battery “that is if you have time”

Please let us know what you find out.
I’m retired so I have plenty of time. My closest Mazda dealership is 45 miles away so yes, a trip to AutoZone makes sense. Thanks and I will let you know the results.

One thing I've noticed is how sensitive the forward- and rear-looking sensors can be. On my 2016.5 GT, if I've got the least little crud (ie, a stuck leaf, even a smaller one) over the sensing zone at the top of the windshield then it's a fair bet I might get some strange warnings and beeps I wasn't expecting. When things are mucked-up with crud in inclement weather, I notice my rear-facing proximity warnings (ie, for cross-traffic or a pedestrian) aren't as exacting, though no change in the warnings/beeps when it does warn. Of course, your 2016 <> 2023.

The key fob stays in my pocket. When my wife drives her fob is in her purse.

One thing I've noticed with fobs is that the system never barks when I've got it in my shirt pocket, but occasionally it has warned when it couldn't find it in my right-side pocket or if I leave it tucked in one of the console areas.

Though, as you say, without getting the normal and customary "fob" warnings, it's hard to imagine the fob is the culprit here.

I did a scan of the owner's manual for your vintage vehicle, but didn't see any mention of a five-beep warning of that sort. So, I suppose the standard equipment and warnings aren't likely, whereas the tech's sensor suggestion might well be where the problem lies.

I'm a little surprised that the manuals don't seem to list the specific beeping sequence you're experiencing. Though I would fully expect the workshop manuals to do so.

Good luck with the scans at the dealer ... hopefully they'll track it down. Particularly if it's easily duplicated.

Update: I took my CX-5 to the Mazda dealership in Sarasota, Florida and within about an hour after dropping it off the technician found the problem. They replaced the parking assist unit under the dash and that solved the problem. No more weird beeping going on.

Back