Fujita intake installed on a Mazda5

I was running on Fujita's for around 8 months when all of a sudden CEL's started comin' up almost weekly so i took it off. Just a heads up of what to expect with this upgrade.

From my experience i think the 5 pulls better without the intake anyways. I just miss the intake sound, that's all.

I have my Fujita on since January without any problems.
The car is slower off the line and a bit faster as the rpms increase.
Personally, i don't think it is a great mod. I'll probably take mine off as soon as I hit the first CEL.
Anthony

Was there a hole for mounting the MAP/Boost sensor? I've seen the Fujita on several 3's in the shop here (came in for CEL's) and they all had the MAP sensor zip tied off next to the battery because there's no mounting hole for it on the intake (it resides next to the MAF on the stock filter box).
I wonder why thier CEL was on.........

edit: NM, this was on a '05, the '06+ and 5 don't have the boost sensor on the intake.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried going the "smoothing the factory airbox and losing the resonator snorkle" route yet? I did this on my previous car (1.8T Jetta) and it worked every bit as well as a CAI for about eight bucks spent. Given that the Fujita may trigger a CEL this is what I'm going to try, just wondering if anyone has already done it.

i have two tanks worth of fuel into it and no check engine light yet. what code was yielded? something mass air related i imagine?

as for the question on fuel economy, i'll have to get back to you guys on that. not enough empirical data :D

I have the K&N CAI installed. This is not the first car I've done this to. It is the first time I've added it to a car so soon after purchase. On previous cars, there was a definate improvement in MPG and vehicle emissions testing. And I think I was probably driving harder after installing the CAI. It sounds sweet with a turbo!

I have to put a turbo on my 5. Can you imagine a MazdaSpeed5? It just doesn't make sense!(drive2)

I have the K&N CAI installed. This is not the first car I've done this to. It is the first time I've added it to a car so soon after purchase. On previous cars, there was a definate improvement in MPG and vehicle emissions testing. And I think I was probably driving harder after installing the CAI. It sounds sweet with a turbo!

I have to put a turbo on my 5. Can you imagine a MazdaSpeed5? It just doesn't make sense!(drive2)

(lurk) "Hey guys, perhaps he can post some pics."

Back