2017~2024 Swapped the CorkSport intake for an AEM

Will this work on the CX-5?

Interesting how AEM, K&N, BMS intakes are listed for the CX-5 despite having the exact same engine as 3, 6, CX-9.
Just checked the n54 forum which has a much more active jb4 post and I read that the intakes are different on the chassis… so I’d say no as of now. But feel free and check the post further that I did.

Does this actually improve performance? Or just for bling (as someone else suggested)?

G’day, just checked your pics and I have had similar for few months. Have you noticed any changes either good or bad. I have noticed a decrease in fuel consumption where I can get down to 6l/100k, whereas before high 7’s was usual. Power and torque, I am not sure but at light throttle it seems to be easier to go up hills?

Maybe. In daily driving in suburbia, no. But on a long freeway trip to Florida and trying to get best possible mileage its computer showed 33.6 mpg/7.0 l/100 km. This is the best ever for my 2 CX-5s. Cruising speed was 100 to 105 kph over 450 miles/730 km.

I went to the K&N youtube channel and viewed the video for the 6 & CX-9 Turbo intake, I messaged K&N directly to ask if this same intake 69-6034TS will work on a 2019+ CX-5 Turbo they said no it will not work (they didn't elaborate any further).

Why doesn't AEM and or K&N list the same intake for the 6 & CX-9 supported for the CX-5?

The corksport intake on their site shows the same intake supported across the 3 models (think it may also include the 3 & CX-30).

Anyone try the stock airbox with the snorkel/intake muffler removed?

I did this on my Gen 1 CRV back in the day, and it sounded as good as the various aftermarket intakes I had for it.

Side note: corksport themselves say that the intake doesn't offer much gain on the turbocharged version, and isn't necessary (unless I'm reading this wrong: Cold Air Intake Systems Explained for your Naturally Aspirated & Turbo Mazda | CorkSport Mazda Performance Blog ) So we're basically just straight-piping our intakes for sound.

G’day, just checked your pics and I have had similar for few months. Have you noticed any changes either good or bad. I have noticed a decrease in fuel consumption where I can get down to 6l/100k, whereas before high 7’s was usual. Power and torque, I am not sure but at light throttle it seems to be easier to go up hills?

Sorry, I just found your question. My 2015 CX-5 got a best of 32 MPG/7.4 l/100k and my 2016 with this mod got a best of 33 MPG/7.1 l/100k at about 105 km/hr on roads similar to the Pacific Motorway. The route was 700 km long doing the best I could to save fuel because we'd been told fuel might be scarce due to covid. One trip isn't proof, but it might show minor improvements. 105 is soooo slow.

Back