2017~2024 Swapped the CorkSport intake for an AEM

Will this work on the CX-5?

Interesting how AEM, K&N, BMS intakes are listed for the CX-5 despite having the exact same engine as 3, 6, CX-9.
Just checked the n54 forum which has a much more active jb4 post and I read that the intakes are different on the chassis… so I’d say no as of now. But feel free and check the post further that I did.

Does this actually improve performance? Or just for bling (as someone else suggested)?

G’day, just checked your pics and I have had similar for few months. Have you noticed any changes either good or bad. I have noticed a decrease in fuel consumption where I can get down to 6l/100k, whereas before high 7’s was usual. Power and torque, I am not sure but at light throttle it seems to be easier to go up hills?

Maybe. In daily driving in suburbia, no. But on a long freeway trip to Florida and trying to get best possible mileage its computer showed 33.6 mpg/7.0 l/100 km. This is the best ever for my 2 CX-5s. Cruising speed was 100 to 105 kph over 450 miles/730 km.

I went to the K&N youtube channel and viewed the video for the 6 & CX-9 Turbo intake, I messaged K&N directly to ask if this same intake 69-6034TS will work on a 2019+ CX-5 Turbo they said no it will not work (they didn't elaborate any further).

Why doesn't AEM and or K&N list the same intake for the 6 & CX-9 supported for the CX-5?

The corksport intake on their site shows the same intake supported across the 3 models (think it may also include the 3 & CX-30).

Anyone try the stock airbox with the snorkel/intake muffler removed?

I did this on my Gen 1 CRV back in the day, and it sounded as good as the various aftermarket intakes I had for it.

Side note: corksport themselves say that the intake doesn't offer much gain on the turbocharged version, and isn't necessary (unless I'm reading this wrong: Cold Air Intake Systems Explained for your Naturally Aspirated & Turbo Mazda | CorkSport Mazda Performance Blog ) So we're basically just straight-piping our intakes for sound.

G’day, just checked your pics and I have had similar for few months. Have you noticed any changes either good or bad. I have noticed a decrease in fuel consumption where I can get down to 6l/100k, whereas before high 7’s was usual. Power and torque, I am not sure but at light throttle it seems to be easier to go up hills?

Sorry, I just found your question. My 2015 CX-5 got a best of 32 MPG/7.4 l/100k and my 2016 with this mod got a best of 33 MPG/7.1 l/100k at about 105 km/hr on roads similar to the Pacific Motorway. The route was 700 km long doing the best I could to save fuel because we'd been told fuel might be scarce due to covid. One trip isn't proof, but it might show minor improvements. 105 is soooo slow.

Latest posts

Back