ZPS Build Thread

Not the 2. But I took the IS to Atlanta Motorsports Park this weekend.

2.3 seconds faster than the 2. All because of the power on the straight. Through the rest of the course the IS woudl pull away on the straight and the 2 could catch up in the turns.

I got hose........and clamps.

11753282_10102123212971108_3943817778094382419_n.jpg

Where did you order it from?

Thanks

Andres

Last edited:
https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/

Also getting new pads for the next trackday on the 16th. I am thinking on going with Hawk Blues. I have been going through the HP+ like crazy. Two trackdays and they are completely done. In the IS I put a set of Carbotechs which I really like and they looked great after the one trackday. I am going with hawks for the 2 though because they are cheaper. Will have more video from Road Atlanta after the 16th, then the car goes into hibernation for the off season. Only minor changes will be done. I have a few other plans with it, but need to get the RX7 running this winter.

If the street/race or dtc-30 are the same price as the hp+ you may want to give them a try. You'll definately get at least 2 track days out of them, and they feel fantastic with no fade. Only downer is you'll likely have to get new rotors when they are done.

Well tomorrow I am going to be running at Road Atlanta again. Nothing really new to the car except I have DTC60 pads now instead of the HP+. So far I am liking them. Really looking forward to being able to push them with the Toyos. Very easy to overpower my street tires. This is my last event of the year so once it is over the car will be put in the garage and will eventually be getting some tweaks early 2016. Well there are a few autocrosses I might go to in the fall with it.

Took the car to an autocross this weekend at Clemson. Dave(owner of DDM) co-drove with me since it was his birthday he took the day off. The car handled great. He isn't super familiar with driving a FWD car in a competitive manner and isn't super familiar with autocross. He is more used to track driving and is really fast. Anyway he said how the car would do things you just don't think is possible. Nice to hear someone else was happy with how it drove, not just myself. I have a video of one of his runs from the start. Remember Clemson is a small lot, but we have a lot of fun with it. I am hoping to get the video up tonight hopefully.

I am also making plans to lower the car at least a half in ch over the winter.

I liked them a lot. The higher coefficient of friction is really nice on track since it gives you a lot more confidence. Also they definitely wear much better. No noise at all either, especially nice since they came with no grease. The one sign of caution I have is that I won't drive on them on the street. Firstly when cold there really isn't anything there at all. When cold I mean first stop out of my neightborhood in the morning going to work. Also unless they are hot they dust like you won't believe. Like at the autocross this weekend my fronts are now black not gold. All of that dusting is going to wear the pads fast which I don't want. In the end they are exactly what I wanted. A really good track pad.

Well small update. I hope everyone has had a good holiday. I have been working like crazy trying to get the RX7 running, but it is going to take a while since I am fabbing everything myself. I did give the 2 a good wash and cleaned out the one garage so that I can get it in there.

11046775_10102341328276288_4395363169868623927_n.jpg

Also as some of you have seen on your cars the top of my headlights have started to haze over. I cleaned that up today so they are nice and clear. These are the best pictures I could get.

Before:
1502564_10102343103259208_2127302130435544568_n.jpg

After:
1478944_10102343103423878_1938181837197116629_n.jpg

I am also planning on getting the new clutch and flywheel in January so stay tuned for that. Also I will be uploading some suspension information soon as well which I looked into on Xmas. Just need to organize the data a little better.

I used Mothers Nulens Headlight Renewal kit. I was surprised that even though my headlights were not that bad I had to wet sand them.

Posted the other thing I was working on over the break in the suspension section. Took measurements and modeled up the stock suspension to look ar camber curves. The main car I have been working on is the RX7. Getting there with it. Takes a lot of time since I have to basically fab everything.

12472261_10102353191152988_3053127881614393508_n.jpg

On another note I am hoping to have a new clutch and flywheel in the Mazda2 by the end of the month to get ready for track days this year. I am planning on doing some time attack events. I need to start ordering those parts come to think of it.

Well the last couple of days I have been driving the 2 around. It seems slow until you take a corner or hit the brakes and it is just amazing at that point. I really miss driving it so I will probably keep driving it for a bit. I also have a new LCA caster bushing to replace the one which is broken. Can't wait for the first event mid March. Also I decided I will be running 205 RE71R tires for this year since I plan on doing some time attack events. Should be a fun year.

Well the 2 will be getting some love soon to get it ready for this year. first event is coming up quickly on March 13th. Hopefully everything shows up this weekend so I can put in the new clutch and flywheel. I will replace the LCA bushing at the same time.

After this first event I will be looking at changing the front bump stops, lowering the car, and changing out the spring rates again to 700F 600R I believe it was. Also the RE-71R tires are on order as of today. Going to be a good 2016. I have other items in the works as well.

Back