ZPS Build Thread

Congrats! Mine will not be getting paid off early. Unfortunately, the loan on the 2 is just a drop in my massive debt bucket.

I got in on the 0% financing, so I'm going to milk the full 5 year term of my loan. 2 years left for me, now.

So I have been tweaking the dampers to try to get the handling and ride pretty good and I have been surprised I have not been able to get it as smooth as I thought. This is the stiffest sprung car I have worked on, but I was still surprised. So on Saturday after getting some other stuff done I decided to look into it more. Well, back in the day when I had lowering springs I cut about 1.5" off the bump stop. Well for some reason that 1.5" was back on the car and at ride height I was right on the bump stops in the rear. I have no idea how that happened it rides a good bit better. Not smooth like out Tahoe, or the new DD to be, but much better. Not to go back and tweak the dampers again.

Also the next step for the suspension is to make new top hats for the front to get more travel and to tweak the rear as well. I shoul dbe able to lower the car about 0.5-0.75" after that. Going to be a while though. I have a bunch of maintenance to do on some of the other cars at the house, and work on the RX7.

I thought you were keeping the 2 at a more practical ride height? Funny about the bump stops though, at least it doesn't take long to pull the rears out. Anymore tweaks before RA?

Well my car isn't actually that low at all. It is 6" from the ground to the bottom of the pinch weld. I think it was about 23.5" from the ground to the top of the fender arch. I can probably go an inch lower and still be ok which is where I want to be when I do the new hop hats. I am starting to care less about it being practical knowing that I have a new DD sitting in the garage. I can't wait for mid June when it will be signed over to me.

Nothing else really for RA besides the new suspension setup. I will probably be messing with the shocks a good bit at RA to see how the car reacts. Oh and I will probably run more tire pressure as well. Pretty sure I was too low at AMP.

Mine is quite high also. When I had the front lower it seemed to handle quite badly. I also beleiev my rear is over sprung which makes it kinda worse. Next mod should be LSD!!!!!!

Well the car did great at Road Atlanta. My fastest was a 1:54.8. I am amazed how quick the car was. Definitely a fast track. The suspension handles really well. Very stable, but would rotate well when I wanted it to. Here is a short teaser of my favorite moment in the morning. More to come.

My go-pro ran out of battery during my last session so my fastest lap of 1:54.8 was not on camera, but here is a 1:55.5. On the back straight I get to about 105, and on the front I just hit 100. Enter turn 1 at 85 which is pretty darn quick in person. Unfortunately I slow down up the hill, lol

Last edited:
Were you at the top of 4th at 105 mph or did you have to shift into 5th? I was hitting the limiter in 4th at somewhere around 110 about 2 seconds before the braking zone into 10a but figured it'd be a waste to shift into 5th.

I was in 4th. Never looked to see how high though since I was more concerned with hitting my braking point. I never did see you in the mixed group at the end of the day.

Well the car did great at Road Atlanta. My fastest was a 1:54.8. I am amazed how quick the car was. Definitely a fast track. The suspension handles really well. Very stable, but would rotate well when I wanted it to. Here is a short teaser of my favorite moment in the morning. More to come.

I get that often in B-Spec in mixed class racing, someone blowing past. The best was a GT-1 Trans-Am mustang a few years ago, the sound is incredible.

Yea I will get a video up soon of a supercharged C6 Zo6 which is usually there. Fast and the guy can drive it. Passed me going down into 10a. It is actually hard to watch out for those guys sometimes with how fast they catch up.

Back