YOUR OPINION IS WANTED MP5'ers

dawick777

:
2002 Silver MP5
i will be getting a free replacement of my front bumper (mp5) and wondering if i should ask them to put a MSP front end on instead....i realize that i lose the fogs but...i like the new front of the MSP......what do you guys think...thanks:confused:

I say go for it...it won't hurt to ask..I doubt they'll do it to be honest....but if they did...super custom...and sweet!@

yea sweet but theyre not gonna do it. hell youre lucky the dealer is giving you s*** at all :D

well the dealership is not giving it to me.... someone caused some damage to my front end and they will be paying for it....i didnt figure the cost would be any or much different

in that case, offer to pay the difference if they won't go for it..

well.... i want the work to be done by mazda...just because....i dont want any other aftermarket parts (other than the bumper) to be used in the repair

you can always just ask for the lip (which is the only difference), and decide at a later time if you want to install it.

if anyone is bored and is good at photochopping and wants to let me see what it would look like.....i wouldnt be opposed....just a thought?

OK you guys may need to go to MAzdausa.com and check out the msp again...the 2003.5 is definetly different...not just a lip

Been covered quite a few times. MSP bumper is the same as the P5 bumper minus the marker lights. The lip is an add on that goes up into where the fogs would normally go.

Yup the bumper is the same, the lip is what's diffrent. Hold on and I'll link to the thread.

Or just look at this pic.

2003.5.jpg

The lip and the parts that goes into the fog light area is one piece. It can be added to the P5 bumper after removing the fogs of course. You would also need to get the two grill inserts as well.

My friend is doing the exact same thing right now. My dad backed into the front end of his new civic. He's getting them to replace the front bumper with a wings west one. He's just paying the difference in price.

OK OK....i went to the mazda dealership today and now i see that it is just a lip....so it will most likely be more $$ ....but i will still see about it....i think i will also have them paint the top part of the upper grill to match body color...thanks guys

yeah

Last edited:
Back