Status
Not open for further replies.

MadBiker

Luv my MP5!
:
2002 Protege5
WTB: 2002 Protege5 Manual Transmission Stock Main Cat - Int'l shipping to Japan

OK Guys and Gals,

I am looking for a used, Mazda Stock 2002 Protege5 Main Cat (this is the main cat which runs underneath the front seats area) from a manual transmission.

I need the part circled in red in the attached pic:
MP5 Main Cat.JPG

Heatshield on the cat must be in good condition and not rusted off.

Seller must be willing to ship to Japan. I will pay shipping costs.

*** Background ***
Japan has these crazy vehicle inspection laws where they actually take pictures of your exhaust setup and keep them on file for your next inspection. When I imported my Protege5, the heatshields were on the car. They fell off, and now I have a "modified" exhaust system that won't pass visual inspection.

Please PM me with pics if you have an OEM part in decent to good condition and we'll go from there! I'm counting on you guys!

Last edited:
i have a MSP one which has two cats, just plug the O2 bung in the middle (thats where our sensors go). youll be the cleanest car on the road.

PM me an offer, before shipping, if interested, and i will get you pics. its buried in my garage but if youre interested id happily pull it.

i have a MSP one which has two cats, just plug the O2 bung in the middle (thats where our sensors go). youll be the cleanest car on the road.

PM me an offer, before shipping, if interested, and i will get you pics. its buried in my garage but if youre interested id happily pull it.

yudkib, thanks for the offer, but I think the Japan DMV won't like seeing the extra cat - again, it would be considered a non-compliant modification. However, I might look into an MSP midpipe further down the road when I actually do turbo my P5 (prob. next year or year after).

Edit: For inspection I'll be putting the stock cat on but for everyday driving I'll have the performance one on.

Last edited:
i have a good deal of whats required to turbo your p5 if you want to go that route... especially if you want to keep it OEM... then youd have a use for a 2 cat midpipe...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back