Status
Not open for further replies.

JBakesP5

:
2002 Midnight Blue Protege5 MT
2002 Manual Protege5

2002 Protege5 Manual Transmission
Full Suspension Swap

Let me start off by saying this car is not in perfect condition. I can only assume because you are looking at a 2002 vehicle, you should know that already. However, this car is in fantastic condition for a Model year 2002. This car spent every year except for 2014 & 2015 in North Carolina near Charlotte, in case you didn't know, that means it was inspected for emissions and functionality every year. This also means that the car is essentially rust free only having seen one winter in Michigan. You will notice this Protege5 does not have the same rear quarter panel rust that most Northern cars do.

The interior of this car is an 8.5/10, it is in really good shape. The exterior of the car could use some work though. A few dings (you don't get to almost 190K without a few dings) and the clear coat is peeling in a few spots.

I made a bunch of modifications to the car. Not for power, but for handling. This wagon handles ridiculously well (you have to drive it to appreciate it). The majority of the modifications were to made to reduce understeer, and actually create a slight oversteer. However, I did it without sacrificing ride quality. It is stiffer than stock, but it is not harsh.

With the light weight flywheel, short shift kit, and motor mounts, the drivetrain is super responsive and this car is extremely engaging to drive.

I regularly get between 29 and 32 mpg

I have updated/modified a lot of components in this wagon. Here is a short list:

4 New AWR Motor Mounts
New Front Calipers (L&R)
New Exedy Clutch
New Light Weight Fidanza Flywheel
New Front Control Arms (L&R)
New Front Sway Bar End Links (L&R)
New Rear Sway Bar End Links (L&R)
New AWR Performance Rear Sway Bar
New Front Struts Tokico Illumina 5 way adjustable (L&R)
New Rear Struts Tokico Illumina 5 way adjustable (L&R)
New Front Eibach Springs (L&R)
New Rear Eibach Springs (L&R)
New TWM Short Shifter
New Corksport shifter linkage bushings
Alpine Head Unit
Alpine 45W Amplifier
Front Speakers (L&R)
Rockford Fosgate 8" Rear Speakers (L&R)
New Alternator
New Alternator belt and Power Steering pump

Essentially Brand New Direzza DZ102 tires (approximately 3K miles)

The car also has tinted windows and the factory roof rack.

I have the Title in Hand and am ready to hand it over if you have cash.
I can also provide you with a PDF service manual, and receipts for all of the equipment listed above. If you cannot tell, I really have enjoyed this vehicle. I am just at the point where I would like to get something a little bigger and more powerful.

You really need to drive this car to appreciate everything that has been done to it. I can be available essentially any day after 5 PM around Northville/Farmington Hills.

First come, first serve $4500 OBO...CASH talks.

List Date: 7/28/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2002 Manual Protege5
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------
mazdas247

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back