WRECKED-My Roomate's 6

zoomzoom02

:
Protege ES
My Roomate just called me, he totalled his 6. Swerved to miss a dog and smashed into a tree and others. All windows busted, roof smashed, right pass tire bend waaay in, body annhilated no front or back bumper. So sad. Oh and he got a minor in possesion of alcohol(his g/f was driving). It was his turn, I wreck he wrecks, I wreck he wrecks. Damn

That's horrible. I don't even flinch for animals anymore unless there is a definite place to swerve. Just not worth totalling my car over.

mazdadan said:
That's horrible. I don't even flinch for animals anymore unless there is a definite place to swerve. Just not worth totalling my car over.

werd

I will still slam on the brakes, unless there are people behinde me, and if there is somewhere to swerve, I will, the key is to watch teh road, and if you see an animal, start to slow down, they always panic and run into the light. Hey, I'd rather plow into a dog, and mangle my front end a bit, and kill some poor kids dog, than swerve uncontrollable, and wreck my car, and almost kill myself to avoid one. BTW, what is the alcohol charge for?

holy mofo. is he ok? well, guess it's time for another car! what do you think he'll get this time?

My dog got hit by a bus...and walked away...
he ran out to greet the kids getting off and got clipped as it drove off.

Yeah he was a passenger, underage, and he was drinking. I donno what car he will get. We estimated the damages with all my costs that i have had with damages, and it would be $14000 to $17000

doh! that sux. It's always hard to make the call when this kind of thing happens. I try to avoid hitting animals, but if I know I will get in a wreck trying to avoid the animal, I keep driving, try to avoid it as much as possible and hope for the best. It's hard to deal with when you do hit/kill an animal (had to before :( ), but if the animal frequents the roadway that often, it's going to happen eventually. Totalling a car can scar your insurance records for YEARS, not to mention how charges for minor in possesion of alcohol will affect his criminal record. That was not an intelligent move by any means. =\

The insurance company will no doubt total it out and give him "replacement value" minus deductable.

Sucks to be your bud, guess he can be glad he is o.k. though.

Back