Who has the oldest P5

Tifun

:
Audi A8, Mazda 3
Mine is 420 off the line. I'm always fascinated by this and know the last set of the VIN on all of my turds lol. SO what number is yours?

You can look at the last portion of your vin number, they go in order. I think ours is something like 50420 or 500420....something like that...We bought ours in 01 in the summer time :p

^what's the digit in front of it? The last 5 is what counts for the most part.

cant u just look at the door jam where it says date manufactured or something unless u wanna decode ur VIN for the fun of it.mine says aug. 02 heh. kinda old but no cigar :p

edit: nm..i just read how old off the line..haha. interesting. maybe i'll go check it out. lol

Last edited:
Number 02458 manufactured in July of 2002 as a 2003 model.

Four years old with 50k on the clock. Hope to keep her running until she hits 200k...

(blackp5)

yeah freaking crazy,

I worked as usually the fri, sat, sun and monday before only a few blocks away. My dad was supposed to meet his freind in the WTC but he had to cancel and make a dentist appointment.

First time I could ever think of that being at the dentist was a good thing.

Mine is 420 off the line. I'm always fascinated by this and know the last set of the VIN on all of my turds lol. SO what number is yours?

New member here. I usually make or post in an existing intro thread, but this one intrigued me.

We bought our 2002 P5 on June 8, 2001. The last six numbers are 449674. Surely that doesn't mean there were 449,673 P5s made before mine. ;) Anyone know what those last 6 numbers indicate?

(blackp5)

Mine is 39158. Is this the 158th P5 built in the '02 model year?
I know mine rolled off the dealer lot in Feb. 2002. I bought it in Sep. 2003 with 34,000 miles on it.
Nothing has ever failed or broken except for regular consumables like the battery, tune up parts, etc. Not even a rattle, and I drive it like it's stolen. Must've been a good day in Japan that day!

my last 5 digits are 23739 got my car 10/17/01 (my cars birthday yay!)

no major mechanical problems

- clutch chatter
- rear brake caliper seized
- AC light flickers (fix in the howto forums)
- RUST!! UGH!

**car has NEVER FAILED to start**

Last edited:
Back