Wheel help because of the snow!!

jr10000

I was thinking about repainting my stock rims since i cant afford new ones right now. But the other day i went out and looked at the and there are like little spots of rust, thanks to the snow in chicago. It looks like a little dot and the branches out like spider legs. I want to know if i should or can i sand down the rims that far or should i just paint over the spots??? Thanks in advance.

what about getting them blasted and then painted or powdercoated....A shop near me here in AZ will blast/powdercoat our 16's for $150...Its such a good deal . If I dont get diff. wheels ill be getting them powdercoated. Just my 2 cents . Good luck

what about getting them blasted and then painted or powdercoated....A shop near me here in AZ will blast/powdercoat our 16's for $150...Its such a good deal . If I dont get diff. wheels ill be getting them powdercoated. Just my 2 cents . Good luck

$150 per wheel, or all together? 'Cause if it's per wheel, he already said that he can't afford something like that.

in my experience.....Cheap = it will look like crap. I don't do cheap

There's a very good how-to on here though about painting your own wheels. IIRC, it's only about $50 for all the supplies, and the end results were great!

Back