What you guys think the price of my p5 is

kosteniuks17

:
Mazda Protege5 2003
Just wanted to ask you guys what you all have heard of price wise and how much you all have paid or sold your p5's for. I love my car and worked very hard on it but I think its time to pass it down. My aunt is thinking about buying it from me and giving it to my cousin, he's turning 16. I mean the car has a lot of new parts, that were mostly done this past year. But she said she would definitely pay kbb for it. Here's a list of my current mods to it but it does have a lot of miles but runs great.
2003 Mazda protege5 (Silver) 185,000 miles
-4 tokico suspension and springs
-4 new calipers painted with G2 paint (red)
-Drilled and slotted rotors (R1 concepts)
-New rear Progress Swaybar
-New four new endlinks
-Ebay Short Ram intake
-Ebay Header with O2 fouler trick
-Mazdaspeed Axle Back Exhaust
-TKM Short shifter
-Kartboy Shifter bushings
-NGK long reach copper spark plugs
-New coilpacks
-New spark plug wires
-2 new radiator fans
-Installed salvaged AC compressor, drier, and new valve
-New egr valve
-Timing belt and water pump(3 years ago)
-1500 Watt amp with 1400 Watt slim sub in the back

I mean personally I dont want to give it up its been in our family since 2003 with 14 miles, and its gives me great memories of high school and college. But now I have a good job and been saving money for an evo x which im planning to get either November or December. I just dont want to give it back to my parents when I get my car and then have it rot in their back yard. I'd rather give it to my cousin and have it still have a go till it gives out. I know trans is getting sour but engine is still very good (stock clutch). Kelley Blue book says 3500 for excellent, I think with mods and for my family about 3500-3800 would be a good price. what do you all think? They might b*** about it being to high of a price for a car with almost 200,000 miles but I think its a steal for him.

Last edited:
Mods don't add any value. Doubtful on the 'excellent' rating especially with you saying the trans is getting sour. $3800 is probably around what a dealer would try to get looking at what's out there on Autotrader. I'm thinking closer to $3000 maybe even under that for private party to family.

Sell all your extra parts to make back some money and then sell the car stock for $3000 or so. I just bought a 2003 one owner with 115k miles for $3700 here in atlanta. But I've seen some go for closer to $5k

If it helps I just picked up a pretty stock P5 for $2500 this weekend. Very little rust...nothing really showing on the wheel wells but there is some bubbling starting. Has hail damage on the roof, hood, and a few spots on the doors just below the window. Other casual dents from it just being a 10 year old car. Interior is very clean. Cloth seats, no rips. Does smell a bit like a dog/or cigs or something. Has a good functioning sunroof and no roof rack. Only thing that looks aftermarket is the short ramp air intake. Car does have 203k miles, but seems to run great. Drove it over 100 miles home without problem and the cruise worked great! Oh and it also has HID headlights installed and the 6 disc CD player isn't working, but the radio is and it came with a sub on top of the spare tire.

If it helps I just picked up a pretty stock P5 for $2500 this weekend. Very little rust...nothing really showing on the wheel wells but there is some bubbling starting. Has hail damage on the roof, hood, and a few spots on the doors just below the window. Other casual dents from it just being a 10 year old car. Interior is very clean. Cloth seats, no rips. Does smell a bit like a dog/or cigs or something. Has a good functioning sunroof and no roof rack. Only thing that looks aftermarket is the short ramp air intake. Car does have 203k miles, but seems to run great. Drove it over 100 miles home without problem and the cruise worked great! Oh and it also has HID headlights installed and the 6 disc CD player isn't working, but the radio is and it came with a sub on top of the spare tire.

huh, for a second I thought we bought the same car :p
I bought a black Protege5 last week for a little under $2400 from a private party... completely stock, also a tiny bit of bubbling rust on the hood and wheel areas. Interior feels brand new, only problems with the car is that the AC compressor doesn't engage and the 3 out of the 5 electronic door lock actuators are shot. Sunroof, no roof racks, sub, etc.
Just that mine has 120K :)

I'm just grateful I was the first to contact the seller! (sssh) I was having doubts but the car really checked out

Lucky you! Wish mine didn't have such high miles. But I thought the price was good. Forgot to mention my passenger rear actuator is acting up. That door won't lock or unlock by remote or door switch. AC and heat are good though.

I have to agree with Bobber. Sell what aftermarket parts you can and make some money, turn it back to stock and sell it for a little less than KBB since the tranny is starting to act up. How is it going sour though? Slipping or not engaging gears smoothly? Or is it something else?

Back