:
Mazda, Protege5
hey finally saved up for rims and im looking at the following:
1. Rota D2 (black face)
2. Varrstoen 2.2.0 (teal, white)
3. P45r (gold, black)
4. dr46 (black face)
5. konig candy (black face)

my p5 is silver, the only problem i see w. varrstoens are the width, smallest width is by 9's -.- and i really dont want to get fenders :/

Ya, thats pretty wide for our cars. I guess i'd go with the P45r's then, those are really nice also. I hate dealing with camber and alignment problems.

^agreed. im going to see the pricing difference on the p45r's and the rota d2's and go from there :) thanks!

1. They are WHEELS, not rims.
2. List the specs of the wheels you are interested in
3. List what suspension/fender mods you have
4. Pics.

Personally, I'd save towards suspension if you don't have that squared away first...

Secondly, I'd love to see more real wheels and less knockoffs on the list.

i like the Varrstoen 2.2.0 and im looking for new wheels umm and i want x9 so that would work

Any chance of posting pics of wheel ideas so I can cast a vote. I would hate to search all of those.

Personally, I'd save towards suspension if you don't have that squared away first...

Secondly, I'd love to see more real wheels and less knockoffs on the list.

I would like to have the money for real wheels so I could buy 2-3 sets of knock-offs!

I would like to have the money for real wheels so I could buy 2-3 sets of knock-offs!

1000 for a new set of Varrstoen TE37 knock-offs is the same price as a used set of real TE37's.... memoryfab.com, wheelflip.com, and vrwheels.com FTW.

I just don't see the sense in paying a grand for wheels. Status? No thanks.

I just don't see the sense in paying a grand for wheels. Status? No thanks.

Varrstoens are 1000 and brand new Rotas are not that much cheaper (700-800) ... that is just how much basic wheels cost unless you are buying used.

If you keep saving money and keep an eye out for used "real" wheels, chances are your not gonna even touch the $1k price range.
VR Wheel has really good prices, no tax, and I even bargained the price down by $200. and most their wheels have been re-polished, so my wheels were looking brand spankin' new

i think ill go back to ms3 speed wheels for now and save for some Varrstoens at the same time i do the air ride :)

Back