What have you done to your P5 today?

just got a new filter for it and drove it to work. thinking of already swapping rims lol smh. and going to hold off on air ride for a while. lots off $$ lol might just settle for coils eventually

Used a Drimmel tool and some flat black paint. Made the OEM grill fit with my aftermarket horns. Just eyeballed the gap and cut room for the horns to sit. I wasn't to careful since I was doing it outside at night and rushing to finish. I can always go back and smooth up the cuts but who's going to see them?

But that gets rid of the handy tool-holder pockets that Mazda provided as part of the grille :p

Lol that's what I told myself last night. They really are great, except the one on the right has a hole in it and bolts fall through all the time XD

I absolutely HATE that hole. Otherwise it's a handy feature that you don't see very often, I wonder if that's what it's really for =/

Sorry about the ghetto ass P5

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3376205/2002-mazda-protege5

But what lip is that?

33762050005_medium.jpg

33762050001_medium.jpg

That wouldn't be the accord lip painted would it?

Sure does look like it. It also resembles the EK Civic Type-R lip too.

Used a Drimmel tool and some flat black paint. Made the OEM grill fit with my aftermarket horns. Just eyeballed the gap and cut room for the horns to sit. I wasn't too careful since I was doing it outside at night and rushing to finish. I can always go back and smooth up the cuts but who's going to see them?

this is what I'm doing today! haha

this is what I'm doing today! haha
took me 10 minutes!
I lined up the grill and marked it with a pencil where the horns would go. I trimmed most of the plastic on the bottom off (the fins that extend towards the radiator) I cut out the top leaving plenty of room for the horns. It snapped on in.

selling front lip and maybe rims. gonna wait til i find a msp one which is really what i want and plan a new set of rims to order

selling front lip and maybe rims. gonna wait til i find a msp one which is really what i want and plan a new set of rims to order
I still don't see why someone doesn't make an 03.5 MSP lip replica in poly and Carbon Fiber. I know someone did, but they tried selling it for a fortune so that fell through

I still don't see why someone doesn't make an 03.5 MSP lip replica in poly and Carbon Fiber. I know someone did, but they tried selling it for a fortune so that fell through

supply and demand plus the molds are not cheap to make, focus had a guy making them for a good price before as well.

that would be nice huh
if they sold it for no more than $350 tops, they would have orders left and right. Would should find somebody with the materials and ability. Once they made a mold off of an existing lip, they could make a batch. We could get a group buy together, send the money for production, wait a week or two, and then have some lips

if they sold it for no more than $350 tops, they would have orders left and right. Would should find somebody with the materials and ability. Once they made a mold off of an existing lip, they could make a batch. We could get a group buy together, send the money for production, wait a week or two, and then have some lips

much longer then a week or two, why not just buy the new MSP lips that are still available from a few people in the US? i just bought a bunch of new MSP parts from a US dealer this morning..

^ im trying havent found anyone. a loca has one extra but wont sell it to me that punk lol

price out how much it costs to get a mold made then you'll see why they didn't sell them for no more than $350 tops

I get it. I should talk less about something I don't know anything about lol. I wish it was as easy as I made it sound.

BP5, what did you mean by "the new MSP lips that are still available from a few people in the US"

Last thing I ever heard about MSP lips was that the dealership quit carrying them, but I'm not the most reliable resource

Last edited:
Back