What have you done to your non-mazda today?

I dreamt about driving my XR in 51 days, 22 hours, 24 minutes, and roughly 20 seconds. When I get home, more posts in here to come.

"Bought" it, and brought it home! WOOOOOOO!!! I got an E30!!!

I am now the owner of a 1991 BMW 325i Convertible with only 75,000 miles on the clock!

My best friend bought the car about a year ago, from the second owners. It came with FULL maintenance records and what had clearly been a pretty cush life behind it. He's gone over it and solved some of the minor issues, and has used it as a reliable pleasure cruiser since.

He bought a new Jeep tonight, and in a genius move, traded my MPV in to the Jeep dealer, and signed his BMW over to me! I essentially got the car for $1600, as that's what they gave him/me for the MPV.

It has an autotragic transmission (as did the MPV), but this is kind of a good thing, as the Mazdas are both 5-speeds, and my wife has some health problems that may make it to, ugh at times for her to drive stick.

Near Future plans for the car include:
1. Aim the headlights. Damned thing is cross-eyed as hell!
2. Remove the no-longer connected CD changer in the trunk, install MSP amp and sub that were in the MPV. My friend already put in a Kenwood head unit with an Aux-in and USB hook-up.
3. Replace the dead light bulbs in the gauge cluster, HVAC controls, and shifter bezel.
4. New tires.
5. Replace the two clips that are missing from the driver's side trim. it's kind of hanging at the ends.

Far-future plans:
A. Some day it will need the Driver's seat reupholstered, as the leather is kind of worn.
B. Eventually, transmission swap to manual, maybe do an engine swap at the same time. I'd love to drop in a rotary, but I'm pretty much dreaming here!

Pinstriped my wheels, tinted the taillights, and blacked out the chrome grill. Next ill be blacking out the rest of the chrome trim and emblems.

30sj4b5.jpg

2f05e78.jpg

4sxroi.jpg

svkqad.jpg

2q9xto4.jpg

25ksyh4.jpg

5/22/11 UPDATE:

I got some port and polishing/port matching done on my heads in my garage. Onto the pics:

INTAKE SIDE:

BEFORE:

6.jpg

7-1.jpg

AFTER:

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

EXHAUST SIDE:

BEFORE:

1.jpg

AFTER:

3-4.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

"Bought" it, and brought it home! WOOOOOOO!!! I got an E30!!!

I am now the owner of a 1991 BMW 325i Convertible with only 75,000 miles on the clock!

My best friend bought the car about a year ago, from the second owners. It came with FULL maintenance records and what had clearly been a pretty cush life behind it. He's gone over it and solved some of the minor issues, and has used it as a reliable pleasure cruiser since.

He bought a new Jeep tonight, and in a genius move, traded my MPV in to the Jeep dealer, and signed his BMW over to me! I essentially got the car for $1600, as that's what they gave him/me for the MPV.

It has an autotragic transmission (as did the MPV), but this is kind of a good thing, as the Mazdas are both 5-speeds, and my wife has some health problems that may make it to, ugh at times for her to drive stick.

Near Future plans for the car include:
1. Aim the headlights. Damned thing is cross-eyed as hell!
2. Remove the no-longer connected CD changer in the trunk, install MSP amp and sub that were in the MPV. My friend already put in a Kenwood head unit with an Aux-in and USB hook-up.
3. Replace the dead light bulbs in the gauge cluster, HVAC controls, and shifter bezel.
4. New tires.
5. Replace the two clips that are missing from the driver's side trim. it's kind of hanging at the ends.

Far-future plans:
A. Some day it will need the Driver's seat reupholstered, as the leather is kind of worn.
B. Eventually, transmission swap to manual, maybe do an engine swap at the same time. I'd love to drop in a rotary, but I'm pretty much dreaming here!

Well the plus side is that you can find a Getrag 265 anywhere for the swap. The parts are readily available. Hit me up off the forum if you need anything. I can direct you to the right people.

Well the plus side is that you can find a Getrag 265 anywhere for the swap. The parts are readily available. Hit me up off the forum if you need anything. I can direct you to the right people.

Cool, thanks! I won't be doing it for quite a while though, if ever. I'm unemployed right now so money is short. Also, it's good to have an automatic in the family due to some health issues my wife is having.
A manual and more power are a nice dream right now, though.

Any time man. i'm a big BMW fan. I've got 3 at the house right now, and considering an E28 to mess with. By mess with I mean throw my buddy Jason's twin turbo kit on and go to town.

a good connection for you to make would be with these guys. This is my buddy Jason's new company. He used to work for Corksport. Now, Corksport has him do some of the work, and they buy the design from him. Funny how that works sometimes. www.namelessperformance.com

Since they have no Mazda parts, I feel that I'm not promoting a non-authorized vendor.

I took mine to the drag strip for the hell of it and found out how badly the Clutch delay valve honda put on the 06+ really sucks...

Time to remove that...

Traction control, fewer z0mg vtakz revz, a "clutch delay valve" (wtf?) and bigger wheels? Yeah, the AP2 sure is an improvement! :p

lol traction control is easy to turn off but more torques is better so :p

and yeah...the CDV was lame...they had to do that because of people destroying their diffs lol stupid
Traction control, fewer z0mg vtakz revz, a "clutch delay valve" (wtf?) and bigger wheels? Yeah, the AP2 sure is an improvement! :p

I thought it was the axles they were breaking more often? What part was giving up in the diff?

Talk about a band-aid. Instead of making the diff better, they slow down the clutch engagement artificially. Fale. I'm not dogging your car or anything, please don't get me wrong. Stuff like that just irritates me.

people were actually blowing off gear teeth lol but usually I'm sure it was due to clutch dumps.

but i totally agree...instead of making it better they just made it so its less likely to happen. I'ts really awful...If I try to do a redline quick shift as soon as I get back on it, it feels like when your clutch is starting to go...revs climb but the car doesnt go. You have to actually let off for it to catch or give it a second between shifts.

The bad thing is that removing the CDV doesnt completely alleviate it...its also caused by the 22LB!!! flywheel....luckily I got an ap1 flywheel from a buddy fo free to install when I do the clutch. Just have to get it resurfaced
I thought it was the axles they were breaking more often? What part was giving up in the diff?

Talk about a band-aid. Instead of making the diff better, they slow down the clutch engagement artificially. Fale. I'm not dogging your car or anything, please don't get me wrong. Stuff like that just irritates me.

people were actually blowing off gear teeth lol but usually I'm sure it was due to clutch dumps.

Mazda fail on that one (Honduh uses Mazdas ubiquitous 7" Ring & pinion)

but i totally agree...instead of making it better they just made it so its less likely to happen. I'ts really awful...If I try to do a redline quick shift as soon as I get back on it, it feels like when your clutch is starting to go...revs climb but the car doesnt go. You have to actually let off for it to catch or give it a second between shifts.

That's r-tarded. And was 1 of the things I LOVED about my AP1. If you did your part, rowing through that gearbox was gear-shifting-nirvana.
The bad thing is that removing the CDV doesnt completely alleviate it...its also caused by the 22LB!!! flywheel....luckily I got an ap1 flywheel from a buddy fo free to install when I do the clutch. Just have to get it resurfaced

Nice. FWIW the 1.6L miata's flywheel was something crazy like 21 lb. And it doesn't have NEARLY the twist of either the F20 or F22c engines.

Mazda fail on that one (Honduh uses Mazdas ubiquitous 7" Ring & pinion)

(werd) I haz a 4.44 mazda gear in there now hehe

That's r-tarded. And was 1 of the things I LOVED about my AP1. If you did your part, rowing through that gearbox was gear-shifting-nirvana.

Yeah, the gearbox is still fantastic but the damn CDV is a paid if you ever see it(typically only in really aggressive driving)

Well after pullin my shocks from the S and taking off the Eibach springs and reinstalling the stock springs on the shocks, I traded them for these with a guy that needed to go back to stock. They have about 20k miles on them and I cant wait to get them on.

I just had to swap my stockers onto his which ran long yesterday so I couldnt put them on our S.

2011-05-31_17-57-26_136.jpg

Megan Street full coilovers. 32 point dampening adjustment.

installed the coilovers over the weekend. took a little time to get them all to the height I wanted and equal on both sides but I got the exact height I wanted out of them. They feel great too.

Attachments

• 2011-06-04_14-26-48_718.jpg
    2011-06-04_14-26-48_718.jpg
    441.5 KB · Views: 94
Getting ready to order alternator parts for the Bavaria. I need to get her up and running again.

Back