What have you done to your non-mazda today?

today: 034 3" stainless steel downpipes. Getting big-als to hack the reducers

Attachments

• photos.JPG
    photos.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 101
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    612 KB · Views: 99
  • asdf.jpg
    asdf.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 98
civic work

My 1998 civic (215K miles) is quite a basket case, but I'm trying to keep it running, even though it hasn't been my primary car since purchasing my mz3 about four weeks ago.

Today I finally got around to fixing the passenger sideview mirror with an aftermarket replacement part. Had to buy some metric wrenches to unbolt it, but I have a feeling I should have bought those a long long time ago...

Started doing some wet sanding and priming on, well, 12 years worth of chips in the paint from stones and a ravaged passenger side quarterpanel fender. First time attempting this sort of work, but this is definitely the vehicle to learn on. Tried various levels of surface prep, so it should be a learning experience to see what holds up longer term. It's definitely nice thinking that this should stall the slow progress of rust.

Attachments

• civic_sideview.jpg
    civic_sideview.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 93
  • civic_primer1.jpg
    civic_primer1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 102
  • civic_primer2.jpg
    civic_primer2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 95
Nice EK! They will run forever. My Coupe has 195k on it.

Fixed the drivers window and installed the weber 32/36 carb. Just gotta tie up a couple little things like getting the correct wire for the choke, rerouting the coolant, and running a vac line for the advance.

DSCN0436.jpg

DSCN0439.jpg

Where did you get the 32/36? That's what's on my BMW but the power valve disintegrated and I can't find a new one.

Looks good on there dude :)

yeah its going to be even better once all that stuff in the corner gets yanked. The only thing that gets left is the one coolant hose, the vac line for the advance, and a couple wires

lmfao wow, I knew a bunch of crap would get taken out, but damn. I assume she runs?

finished the last little parts of the carb install and got the car running on brake clean...however i am not getting any fuel to the carb. Come to find out i am not getting voltage to the fuel pump so i jumped the relay and sent direct voltage....still no go i cant hear the pump running. Next step is to pull the pump and see if i can get it running

finished the last little parts of the carb install and got the car running on brake clean...however i am not getting any fuel to the carb. Come to find out i am not getting voltage to the fuel pump so i jumped the relay and sent direct voltage....still no go i cant hear the pump running. Next step is to pull the pump and see if i can get it running

That was the biggest problem we were having. I guarantee if you hook it directly up to the battery it'll run.

That was the biggest problem we were having. I guarantee if you hook it directly up to the battery it'll run.

hmm i wonder whats stopping it from running in the tank then...may have to go race car style and wire up an external switch

Changed the oil and re-set the Automatic window limit switch on the Pathfinder. That truck's been an absolute work-horse for me this year, so if anything deserves it, the Pathy definitely does. Between towing the Miata all over the place, moving some furniture around, and getting me to work and back every day, while not being *completely* soul sucking to drive lol (the bewildered look on that VW Golf driver's face that I matched through a particularly twisty section of road was completely worth buying the thing HAHAHAHA)

hmm i wonder whats stopping it from running in the tank then...may have to go race car style and wire up an external switch

BTW, if you need any parts, there's a 1980 (IIRC) Celica @ Pull-a-Part North w/ what appears to be a complete 20R under the hood.

Last edited:
jeeeez been quite in here.

Over this past weekend I(meaning a friend and i) did a bunch to the S2000.

- Replaced all brake pads
- Goodridge SS Brake lines
- Flushed lines with ATE Super Blue
- Swapped in my new 4.44 Rear diff
- New Hankook V12 evo tires all around.

Pretty much ready for the trip were taking to the Dragon in April. Cant wait.

Helping out with updated posts in heah. I picked up this 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition (V8) last month.

Had the radiator serviced = flushed/filled and discovered my WJ uses the orange coolant vs. the green stuff. The guys at the shop had a chuckle over that!

I also replaced the stock chrome lug nuts with solid piece black acorn lugs as shown:

JeepGC012.jpg

JeepGC011.jpg

JeepGC015.jpg

FN Jeeps are a blast...

Installed a front lip splitter.

2011-04-09_13-28-46_337.jpg

and here are some pics from the past Indy race. Our group totes all the important people around track for the pre-race parade.

396906899_photobucket_8364_.jpg

396906899_photobucket_8365_.jpg

gallery_92403_36715_288295.jpg

Used the Bavaria to be a DD for my buddy's bachelor party this weekend. 5 full sized adults fit nicely in the car. Downside is that the tailpipe can (and will) scrape when going up hill in a parking deck.

Determined initial fuel mileage too. Somewhere between 16.5 and 17.3, based on the two fill ups.

Back