What have you done to your MSP today?

I just checked the begi. It's tight. MAF is right before the throttle body (about 12" from it maybe more) after the BOV and everything. It hasn't affected anything in the last 17k miles so why would it now?

I've checked every single coupler and every single one is on tight. All my vacuum lines are good too.

Any more ideas? I'm about to go to autozone and pick up some new coilpacks and wires as well as some new plugs.
because I was suspecting:
boost leak

but if all the couplers past the MAF are tight, then that should be it... at least its not where I'd go first.

just finished rearranging every single coupler and clamp on my FMIC, and I still have a bad idle. Though I think it has improved a little, but still bad. I made the t-bolts about as tight as they could go..

Clocked the turbo 100% correctly and installed the WGA and Mod'd the bracket some so it fits right. Now I just need the bloody gasket to bolt the turbo to the mani for good, and then I need the downpipe which will be here this week hopefully! :D

Passenger side motor mount exploded during the SCCA national championship on the first day. Replaced it last night, which was a piece of cake really. Also the noises I am hearing appear to be an exhaust leak and not an engine or transmission problem.

^ i think mine might be going bad...drove it today and the car pulls to the left under acceleration then drives to the right. It's more than tourqe steer, because i've never had this before. There also also been alot wheel hop for the passenger lately too, mostly on right hand turns with me being easy on the gas pedal. Any thoughts on what could be the problem?

not a flat, checked the pressure in the tires

and when i looked under the hood at the side mounts (nothing i could see wrong with them) there was slight smoking from the turbo

^ i think mine might be going bad...drove it today and the car pulls to the left under acceleration then drives to the right. It's more than tourqe steer, because i've never had this before. There also also been alot wheel hop for the passenger lately too, mostly on right hand turns with me being easy on the gas pedal. Any thoughts on what could be the problem?

not a flat, checked the pressure in the tires

and when i looked under the hood at the side mounts (nothing i could see wrong with them) there was slight smoking from the turbo
At first glance my side mount looked fine. When I took a closer look, however, I could see a small crack. The other sign was there was hydraulic oil pooled under my power steering reservoir and splashed on the timing cover. A side mount could possibly cause your symptoms, but I would think it would have to be pretty bad to do it. You could try just pulling it out and checking, it's pretty easy (unbolt AC brackets from strut tower, support engine with jack and small piece of 2x4, unbolt the small metal brace, unbolt the side mount, pull it out).

Lol its very tricky with the o2 sensor on. I just take the bolts out and the be VERY VERY VERY easy with some channel locks and grab onto the back of the o2 sensor since you cant get a wrench on it with the heat shield on and then just take the o2 sensor out and remove the heat shield. I dont know why but every time I take the o2 sensor out I have the hardest time getting that SOB back in there.

Unbolt, cut a little snippit where the 02 is and remove. Mine was already cut there so either it was done that way or someone else did it. Either way mines not there anymore.

Back