What have you done to your MSP today?

why dont u guys just unplug the O2 sensor....u dont have to cut anything

to get the heatshield off without risking damage to the O2 wiring, yes, you do. ESPECIALLY if you have stock piping, an engine cover, stock fans, and power steering. Space is more limited in that area than you'd think. this is why MANY people notch the bottom of the heatshield after either has been off the first time.

Plus, and I could be wrong here, I don't think the wiring harness fits through the hole in the heat shield.

to get the heatshield off without risking damage to the O2 wiring, yes, you do. ESPECIALLY if you have stock piping, an engine cover, stock fans, and power steering. Space is more limited in that area than you'd think. this is why MANY people notch the bottom of the heatshield after either has been off the first time.

Plus, and I could be wrong here, I don't think the wiring harness fits through the hole in the heat shield.
Seems like you are right I just remember there was a reason I just didn't do it that way

oh, well with the NA heat shield it took a little finagling but it came out after unplugging the O2 sensor...and i assume the holes are the same size on both heat shields

ive never had the stock MSP manifold though so i guess ill take your guys word for it, thunder FTW lol

^ i think mine might be going bad...drove it today and the car pulls to the left under acceleration then drives to the right. It's more than tourqe steer, because i've never had this before. There also also been alot wheel hop for the passenger lately too, mostly on right hand turns with me being easy on the gas pedal. Any thoughts on what could be the problem?

not a flat, checked the pressure in the tires

and when i looked under the hood at the side mounts (nothing i could see wrong with them) there was slight smoking from the turbo

noticed my driver's front is lower than the rest of my car, the gap is 1/2" there and 1" on the other 3 corners. Maybe a blown strut? wouldn't think that would cause the problem though

oh, well with the NA heat shield it took a little finagling but it came out after unplugging the O2 sensor...and i assume the holes are the same size on both heat shields

ive never had the stock MSP manifold though so i guess ill take your guys word for it, thunder FTW lol

hmmm... I wonder why we have a MSP specific section.

Oh... right. This is why.

does anyone know the part # or specific name of the return line gasket to the block and the oring for the return line? the guy at mazda had no idea what i was talking about

wait...so why are you posting here then?

I'm pretty sure I knew the answer to the question... as reflected in my post on the previous page. seeing as I replaced an 02 sensor on my car, and removed the heat shield when I did so. So, just this once, I MIGHT know what I'm talking about.

But generally you'd be right. I really have no knowledge of these platforms and have nothing of value to add here. In fact, I'm generally a waste of space in all facets of life. I really thank you for pointing this out and helping me come to this revilation. I believe you may have saved me from a mortal midlife crisis many years from now.

(sarcasm font FTW)

so how about someone awnser my questions?

I'm looking...

Edit:

courtacy of imjustagirl:

Oil drain gskt-- block to girdle N3A1-14-293

The O-ring (not pictured) 0000-88-C22

(justanother, you're absolutely right, I have nothing to contribute here.... I'm useless)

Last edited:
and just for giggles, here's the drawing:

MSPGSKT.JPG

put on some custom center caps cuz i didnt like the konig ones. colors just a tad off. but oh well

cencap3.jpg

centercaps2.jpg

centercaps3.jpg

Back