What have you done to your MS3 today?

Now, I can confidently say in those 'I has MS3, what should my first mods be' threads, that the TRZ Trans and RMM combo should most definitely be your first mod! Hooks up all the power the car makes stock to the road.
My mounts coupled with my shifter bushings, removed counterweight, and XT-M5-QS make shifting a dream compared to stock.

Now, I can confidently say in those 'I has MS3, what should my first mods be' threads, that the TRZ Trans and RMM combo should most definitely be your first mod! Hooks up all the power the car makes stock to the road.
My mounts coupled with my shifter bushings, removed counterweight, and XT-M5-QS make shifting a dream compared to stock.

I have the shifter bushings, cpe rmm, and xt-m5-qs but haven't run without a counterweight yet. Does this make a huge difference? Is there any disadvantage?

I have the shifter bushings, cpe rmm, and xt-m5-qs but haven't run without a counterweight yet. Does this make a huge difference? Is there any disadvantage?

Makes the shifter feel really light and you can feel feedback from the transmission more clearly. It's a 1-minute removal, so there's no reason not to try it.

tried again to install the test pipe. did it with a hot exhaust this time... still couldn't get that last bolt out. total fail. i swear to god that thing is fused in there! anyone wanna buy a test pipe...?

Don't give up dude!! Cut that mother fugger off. You tried tightening it, and then loosening it? Sometimes that will break it loose. Soak in PB Blaster (overnight), and get a properly fitting wrench for both sides? Mine had 20k miles on it and bolts popped off nothing to it. What is going on with yours lol

tried again to install the test pipe. did it with a hot exhaust this time... still couldn't get that last bolt out. total fail. i swear to god that thing is fused in there! anyone wanna buy a test pipe...?

PB Blaster the s*** out of it. Do you have access to a lift? Gotta get that car up as high as you can so you can put a lot of torque on it.

On a side note.....got my car towed back to the garage finally. Parked it, then went out and bought a second vehicle. An 07 Civic Si sedan. Now I can take my time getting the MS3 back on the road versus rushing it and possibly screwing something up. Not to mention better MPG's in the mean time. Double win!

Last edited:
Wish I had the means to just go out and buy a second vehicle..

The extra car payment sucks though. My hand was forced. Its a real PITA when the MS3 is the only car because I work jacked up hours and my gf needs to take her kids places. So the second car was a necessity. The MS3 is still my baby though. Can't wait to get her back on the road.

Installed the CPE RMM this weekend (75 duro). I know these break in a bit, but DAMN it's STIFF. Put on about 150 miles so far and don't expect it to soften up too much more. With the AC @ 900 RPM's, you're definitely going to feel it. And with the excessive stop and go driving, I might revert back to the OEM mount or go with a used Corksport insert. On the plus side, this mount has eliminated all wheel hop and improved WOT shifting by a significant margin. Definitely a performance must-have. However, DD's might want to ride in a CPE-equipped MS3 before making the plunge.

Also installed Powergrid adjustable endlinks. GREAT PRODUCT. They are a bit different than most aftermarket endlinks in that they come with sealed ball joints. I'm dropped 1.6" in front. And with stock endlinks, I was getting a lot of clunk and binding at full lock. That's all gone now. Highly recommended.

Installed the CPE RMM this weekend (75 duro). I know these break in a bit, but DAMN it's STIFF. Put on about 150 miles so far and don't expect it to soften up too much more. With the AC @ 900 RPM's, you're definitely going to feel it. And with the excessive stop and go driving, I might revert back to the OEM mount or go with a used Corksport insert. On the plus side, this mount has eliminated all wheel hop and improved WOT shifting by a significant margin. Definitely a performance must-have. However, DD's might want to ride in a CPE-equipped MS3 before making the plunge.

Also installed Powergrid adjustable endlinks. GREAT PRODUCT. They are a bit different than most aftermarket endlinks in that they come with sealed ball joints. I'm dropped 1.6" in front. And with stock endlinks, I was getting a lot of clunk and binding at full lock. That's all gone now. Highly recommended.

Do you have an AP?

I have a new 75 duro waiting to go on (my original 60 duro bushing failed) and my plan is just to up the idle values with ATR...

Installed the CPE RMM this weekend (75 duro). I know these break in a bit, but DAMN it's STIFF.

i have the same one and it has softened up nicely. it does take a little time but i hardly get any vibrations at all now. just gotta be patient...

Today I received my Curt Class 1 hitch and trailer light harness.

I'm gonna be pulling my bike on a small Uhaul trailer back up to Chicago when the wife and I move back there next month...

I wasn't so sure about my CP-e RMM (65) at first either. I've had it on a week or two now, and I can say that I do like it. It has softened a bit, but idling with ac on still sucks. I've found that I'm driving it harder now though. Car just feels awesome on hard acceleration now. Shifting is better on those quick starts for sure.

60,000 mile maintenance has commenced-

ran seafoam
performed oil change (Shell Rotella 5w-40 Full Synth
changed tranny fluid to ford xt-m5-qs fluid
cleaned out my dryflow air filter

still need to perform:

catch can install
PTP pill install
cabin air filter
spark plugs
install new wheels...

For the record, car shifts like a dream with RMM (TRZ Poly) and Motocraft Fluid! A Short Shifter would seal the deal!

Last edited:
Back