What have you done to your MS3 today?

Work%20Emotion.JPG

put em on! moar pics!!

new 8000k HIDs/silverstar turn signals/black emblems

DSC01753.png

DSC01751.png

DSC01752.png

I get an "F" for fail... it's hard to get pictars of lighting. Sad Panda.

Not necessarily "today" but since last Thursday night I have driven my MS3 about 1800 miles from Harrisburg, PA to Miami, from Miami to Key West and from Key West to Sarasota.
Loved every minute of it.
Did 150 following a black Murcielago on 75 through the Everglades.

Not necessarily "today" but since last Thursday night I have driven my MS3 about 1800 miles from Harrisburg, PA to Miami, from Miami to Key West and from Key West to Sarasota.
Loved every minute of it.
Did 150 following a black Murcielago on 75 through the Everglades.
God bless America and our little Mazdas

Sorry guys, can't put them on for another month. As far as lugs, I already have some Black Rays, but the valve stems that come with these are blue. I might switch to some Blue extended lugs. We'll see.

Installed the rear sway yesterday and today i realized the full stage two suspension needs to be installed also. Did the rear knowing it was the easiest. And what a difference just driving to and from work! The steering response is much lighter and the rear feels like I already put the springs in. delighted already. Rod i will use the Rays blue lugs i think when that time comes

Do you like? Mike.
First impression -- yes. The noises are pretty cool, and they don't "appear" unless I'm in the boost pretty hard. I used the blue spring with no shims. Gonna ask a dumb question here: Does it matter where the shims go (between the spring and the valve or between the spring and the cap)? Would seem not, since it appears the spring can go either way. Sometimes "obviously doesn't matter" isn't so obvious for some obscure reason.

The engine seems more willing to rev, but I believe most of that is the Cobb SRI. The boost does seem to stay "on" longer, but that may be "wishful thinking" wanting to justify the $150.

To stick with the thread, today's add-on was all-weather mats and bumper covers.

Installed my GV replica front lip today after having it painted. Looks pretty good and fits decently, not the greatest but they dont make many options for this damn car so I got to work with what's available!

3087711_71_full.jpg

3087711_72_full.jpg

3087711_69_full.jpg

3087711_70_full.jpg

Shims go in between spring and the valve. If between valve and cap the proper pressure and vacuum cant be made in the valve and it wont work like its supposed to.

Does it matter where the shims go (between the spring and the valve or between the spring and the cap)? Would seem not, since it appears the spring can go either way. Sometimes "obviously doesn't matter" isn't so obvious for some obscure reason.

Yes it matters. The shim goes inside the piston. If you put it at the other end of the spring, it can block the port.
I think this is what DK was trying to say, but I wanted it to be perfectly clear.

Second oil change (3K). Installed a relay for the new horn (it popped the horn fuse last night).

Second oil change (3K). Installed a relay for the new horn (it popped the horn fuse last night).

do you use 5w20 or 5w30 and is it ok to upgrade to synthetic? I have over 5000K on mine right now and see that some people say its alright to get synthetic, and if so, what brand do you recommend?

do you use 5w20 or 5w30 and is it ok to upgrade to synthetic? I have over 5000K on mine right now and see that some people say its alright to get synthetic, and if so, what brand do you recommend?
5w-30 only for the turbo, per the manual. I'm thinking of switching to synthetic at 9K; Pennzoil Platinum. 5K is probably safe. On the forums for my Hemis, 10K to 12K is the consensus (mine get dead lizards since neither is a particularly sophisticated engine).

Last edited:
I had a busy day. Installed Hotchkis front and rear sway bars. Installed a set of Mazdaspeed lowering springs. Installed my new RPMC turbo inlet pipe and ETS 3.25" IC. To top it all off I replaced my TRZ poly mount with a new CP-E mount. I am loving the springs and sway bars. The turbo inlet and the IC added a little bit of grunt . The jury is still out on the CP-E mount. It reduces the vibrations but not sure if I like the effect on the shifter compared to the TRZ.

Back