What have you done to your MS3 today?

My wife saw a blue STI with gold wheels on it this weekend. She told me there was a blue car like mine with the same wheels.

I took her by the Scooby dealer where she said.. "That's it!"

FTR, I had my wheels before Subaru released pictures of the production car :)

Waxed it with Meguiar's this morning. It looks wet.
When I took the car into the dealer for service, the tech said he skipped the car wash because it would just make the car less clean than it was.

When I took the car into the dealer for service, the tech said he skipped the car wash because it would just make the car less clean than it was.
ha excellent excuse! Real quick please please tell me exactly how to make mine do that, my car look wet. PM if you would care to thanks. Oh, by the by, I dropped my car to dealer for Fuel Pump replacement and got a rickety old regular 3. 13 mile drive home and I missed my baby. I think it's true love this time fella's.

Pictures!!?? We must have PICTURES!!!

ha excellent excuse! Real quick please please tell me exactly how to make mine do that, my car look wet. PM if you would care to thanks. Oh, by the by, I dropped my car to dealer for Fuel Pump replacement and got a rickety old regular 3. 13 mile drive home and I missed my baby. I think it's true love this time fella's.

I took my rickety old regular 3 in for repairs today (no offense taken,) and they gave me a brand new 6S ATX (832 miles) to drive.

I'll take my rickety old regular 3 any day.

I was hoping you were paying attention, I expected a couple more responses by now. You know I am teasing. I think the manual auto shift thing is a riot. My 'ship also sells Audi and Porsche, so I asked nicely if they had my loaner GT3 ready? They said think a little less, I quickly countered with the Audi R- 8. Not unreasonable eh? But no, the gentleman wanted to play hardball. So I stated the Audi RS4 is as low as I can reduce my performance demands. So that is how I got the rickety ole 3, Peace brotherator?

Wash, clean/polish with 3M Fine Cut Compound, wax with Meguiar's.
Enjoy.

wetms3_1.jpg

wetms3_2.jpg

I was hoping you were paying attention, I expected a couple more responses by now. You know I am teasing. I think the manual auto shift thing is a riot. My 'ship also sells Audi and Porsche, so I asked nicely if they had my loaner GT3 ready? They said think a little less, I quickly countered with the Audi R- 8. Not unreasonable eh? But no, the gentleman wanted to play hardball. So I stated the Audi RS4 is as low as I can reduce my performance demands. So that is how I got the rickety ole 3, Peace brotherator?

You actually wrote that post w/me in mind?? Hmmm. Why do I doubt that?
I agree that the auto shift is a joke though. I left it in auto when in traffic but as soon as I got the chance I tried it for the first time and BLAHH!!
It's slow to shift. It has NO feel. And worst of all, it still feels exactly like a slush box. And people actually pay another $1000 for the privilege? SUCKERS!! I hate it.
I do like the gear indicator in the instrument cluster though (re: Rally style,) and I have been asking for a straight-line ratcheting shifter for the 5/6 speed from TWM, and other engineers I know, for a while now... but to no avail, of course.
No offense taken, Eric. But to respond to that post was a moral imperative for any self-respecting N/A owner.

Wash, clean/polish with 3M Fine Cut Compound, wax with Meguiar's.
Enjoy.

I've said it before that TR is not my favorite color, but that is a beautiful job, Man!! It looks GREAT!!!

Not today, but over the weekend I debadged and installed the cobb sri, and tried to convince myself I can stay with the stock rims for another year (not sure I believed me).

Not today, but over the weekend I debadged and installed the cobb sri, and tried to convince myself I can stay with the stock rims for another year (not sure I believed me).

Oh, don't beieve you. :D
The OE wheels on the Speed??? What was Mazda thinking? I liked my OE's better... much, MUCH better. 'Course wheels are not why you buy the Speed3.
It does add up though. Be prepared.

It does add up though. Be prepared.

The wife is still trying to figure out why the car sounds so different (I stand there with a surprised, slack jawed look on my face, going "huh?"), I wonder if she'll buy "nah babe, the wheels always looked like this"?

A good bath, after a kilomile weekend trip, mostly in rain. She did better than I expected in the mpg department -- 28.8 to 30.4. Rode well enough, but my 300C rides better. Heck, even my Ram rides better! ;) Best part was running along at 80-85 and a slight nudge of the loud pedal got me 100. Man, that was cool.

The wife is still trying to figure out why the car sounds so different (I stand there with a surprised, slack jawed look on my face, going "huh?"), I wonder if she'll buy "nah babe, the wheels always looked like this"?

Mine didn't notice the new wheels until her mother asked me 3 months later if they were new. Keep in mind that to get out of er car, she has to face the side of mine.
Then she (my wife) caught a glimpse of the bill. Let's just say she still (jokingly) calls them my "million dollar wheels." If she only knew what wheels could have cost me.

Would you not notice this change? (Sorry for the bad pic of the new wheels.)

Picture046W-1.jpg

IMG_1292E.jpg

Latest posts

Back