What have you done to your MP3 today???

question is it needed for the turbo to have the coolant or water line on it

I think it is, it helps keep the oil from caking up in the turbos bearing. also, if the turbo is designed to be cooled with the coolant, you run a risk of ruining the turbo without the coolant running through it.

no, its not needed, its just to help keep the turbo cool
I know a guy who was running his turbo without coolant lines for a pretty long time, never had a problem

but if it has coolant ports, i would use them, if not, then dont

Bought some new tires since my friend finished painting the wheels finally. Can't complain too much, cause he did the work for free. I'll get some pics once the tires come in, the midnight metallic looks so much better on the car than the silver. Oh yeah, went with Kuhmo Ecsta XS, 215/45 17 for the fronts only. I'll be running out my 205 BFG KDW's in the rear.

test fit new wheels before sending them to get the hub bored out.

DSC01274.jpg

17x8 +53 with 225/45/17. the hub on the front was 5/6mm so take that off of the 53. the rear was 15/16mm so the wheel wouldnt fit on. going to be going with 215/45s and 5mm spacer rear maybe 15/20 front. we will see.

put it in a ditch thanks to stupid drivers. no damage luckily except a slow leak in rear passenger tire... i hate people

Just FYI, your not going to need that oil restrictor. The stock turbo has one built in, would hate to see you under-oil that turbo

edit. just noticed thats a nissan turbo, so....i cant remember for sure if they have one built in or not, i would just check the oil inlet first

yep its a journal bearing SR20 T25. the restrictor is .060 rather than the ball bearing .035. after reading up on this i believe they need the restrictor but it can alwasy be removed if it needs to be.

how would i know if there is a restrictor on the turbo by looking at it?

Performed steps on page 01-10B-14

Had machine shop replace valve stem seals, almost made it to 200k miles.

Replaced water pump, timing belt, exhaust gasket, intake gasket, head gasket, valve cover gasket.
Broke one of the valve cover bolts
changed the oil

Reversed steps on page 10-10B-14
Put the motor back together and got it running. Hoping burning oil problem is gone. Will find out later today. Still need to adjust throttle cable, 3500rpm is not a good idle :)
Thats step 14(3) see 01-10B-26 Idle Speed Adjustment

As one gets turboed, mine gets deturboed
:(

Performed steps on page 01-10B-14

Had machine shop replace valve stem seals, almost made it to 200k miles.

Replaced water pump, timing belt, exhaust gasket, intake gasket, head gasket, valve cover gasket.
Broke one of the valve cover bolts
changed the oil

Reversed steps on page 10-10B-14
Put the motor back together and got it running. Hoping burning oil problem is gone. Will find out later today. Still need to adjust throttle cable, 3500rpm is not a good idle :)
Thats step 14(3) see 01-10B-26 Idle Speed Adjustment

Awesome work man!!

Back