what exhauts are you guys going with

what set ups are you guys using, whats on ur pipes i.e. cats muffler, and what size pip 2.0 2.5 or even 3 inch? im looking to get a good throty sound but not ear splitting loud and has good performance. i have been looking at so many different set ups just want to know whats workin for you guys.

i will update my sig as soon as i take some pics... i have an 08 silver 2.3 silver hatchback with gunmetal 17 snowflake rims

I'm running OBX cat back exhaust. 2.5 inch and it deleted the 2nd cat. I LOVE the sound of it. Very deep and has a low tone under 3k. Once you are above 4k it lets loose. :) I will see if I can get a sound clip for you.

i will be the first to say if you go with a header and an exhaust it can get a bit of a drone on long freeway trips... i have the thunder header v1, vibrant highflow cat for a midpipe and a Draxas 2.5" to finish it off... don't get me wrong the sound is sweet but long trips at 70-80mph can get annoying if you don't have the tunes up.

what i was thinking because i have access to a shop and a pipe bender is that i want to drop out the stock stuff and run straight pipes with a magnaflow muffler??? just a thought.... what do you guys think

inspection will be an issue with that as well as the noise but if those things don't bother you then go for it.

it seems like a lot of people are sort of, mismatching exhaust pieces whenever i see any of their cars specs. is this a commonly recommended thing? getting the best pieces (ie downpipe, muffler, header) and putting them together to make one uber system?

it seems like a lot of people are sort of, mismatching exhaust pieces whenever i see any of their cars specs. is this a commonly recommended thing? getting the best pieces (ie downpipe, muffler, header) and putting them together to make one uber system?

certainly nothing wrong with it. just no testing from the manufacturer

its whatever you are comfortable with most of us piece it together due to financial issues or impulse buys when we see a good deal and end up with 2-3 different brands on a full exhaust system.

Vibrant exhaust, with the hiflow cat it comes with delete. Sounds really good. Tone and volume is awesome, IMO its how it should have come. the drone I had moved up to about 85ish with the race pipe.

If your willing to put out the money I'd say Magna-flow , at low rpm its got a nice really deep tone , and I find it aint that loud WOT , anyways I paid 897.00 installed. But like it says here depends on your budget my friend. Good luck.
Matty

holy crap 900 bucks wow thats expensive.
Where do you live?
you can get it on the net for like 500 bucks or less you know.

Just put on an ARK DT-S cat-back exhaust a few weekends ago on my 04 hatchback. Very easy to do yourself with 4 jackstands and an exhaust pipe cutter that you can rent from Autozone.

Absolutely LOVE the sound and the looks of it! Real throaty sound--not ricey like many that you hear, but not too loud. There's no droning at highway speeds like some systems. If you listen real close you can hear a little but if you aren't listening for it then you don't notice any noise. Good power (dyno tested to +9HP gain) and, coupled with my Fujita F5 CAI, I get even more horsepower AND +4mpg in everyday driving!

Runs around $550 + around $50 shipping ($600 for those who are mathematically challenged!) on ARK's ebay store (just do a search on ebay for 'ARK exhaust'). The best mod I've done to my 3 by far! Here's a few pics of the install (minus a couple of support braces that had to be temporarily removed) and the link to ARK's website for a sound clip:

http://www.arkspeedracing.com/04_ON_Mazda_3_ARK_DT_S_Exhaust_System_SUS_p/sm1001-004s.htm

Attachments

• P7040380.JPG
    P7040380.JPG
    813.4 KB · Views: 245
  • P7040379.JPG
    P7040379.JPG
    833.5 KB · Views: 239
  • P7040382.JPG
    P7040382.JPG
    755.1 KB · Views: 250
I know I paid alot , it's 500 american and by the time it get where I am it's almost double I'm in northern ontario buddy , and that was installed though at a shop.

dang, still i live in alberta.calgary. shop does it for 600 bucks with the system.

Oh well, is it really nice tho?
cause i wanna get one too. But i dont want it like crazy loud you know, like those punk ass civics.. im more into the performance then sound, but a small sound is still ok.

I built a custom header back out of 2.5" mandrel J-bends from summitracing.com
and a strait through bullet style dynomax muffler no cat. Result...deep, aggressive tone. For about $90 plus electricity for the welder.

I built a custom header back out of 2.5" mandrel J-bends from summitracing.com
and a strait through bullet style dynomax muffler no cat. Result...deep, aggressive tone. For about $90 plus electricity for the welder.

what header did you use? What size pipe did you use? your whole exhaust set up only cost you $90?

obx baby

i have the obx-r system. 2.5" and three differend "muffling" chambers. Sounds great, affordable price, and easy to install even with just a few jackstands.

Back