What do you guys think?

U5ername

:
'07 Mazda5 Touring
Just did a quick photochop of wifey's car....this is the look we're going for, and wanted to get your opinion.....Thanks!

Nice, good choices. But i would go with a glossy black instead of the colormatch for the RX-8 rims. But you will need a drop.

Nice and clean but a bit bland. I vote for copper, gold , or polish sivler rims for some contrast. That ride height looks perfect to me since I don’t like tucked in wheels.

looks clean. i like the color matched wheels. but where are you going to get a spoiler like that? there arent many options out there for the 5. the only one i have seen sticks out a lot more than that.

Looks good. The dark tint on the front doors is a ticket waiting to happen, at least in California. I think stock height is the way to go on our vehicles. I find the stock height just clears all the important stuff and its saved me a few times from wiping out the front spoiler/lower vallance. Also, the lower you go, the less clearance you'll have when you load it down unless you put in some locomotive springs. In that case, every rest stop will be your friend.

^ You could always go with inflatable helper springs for the rears. But I agree, there's no way I'd lower ours.

Please don't tint the head and tail lights. The cops in FL should be more willing to ticket those that do. I was behind an Explorer the other day with painted tails, not tinted, painted. You could barely see any illumination. Either way, why compromise the safety of your precious cargo?

Something to watch out on the tinting.

my daughter bought a mazda3 and she had the rear tinted. Looks cool in the day time. But at night, tint was too dark the rearview mirror is useless - until you have driven few km and the eyes have adjusted to the darkness.

I advised her to get a back up camera... :)

@Venom, didnt mean for them to turn out as colormatched, I was goin for more of a gunmetal. Here are the RX8's in the factory silver, which i dig too. Also posting it with stock wheels, which doesnt look too bad either. I will try the bronze to see what it looks like. Not sure if I could get a glossy black using PS or not. Thanks for the input guys. Oh, and I would never tint the windows that dark, this was just a mock-up to get an idea.

Stock

Silver RX8

I hope to be one step closer to my vision by this weekend. Found a set of RX8's for $300. We'll see how it turns out.

I like the gunmetal or color matched RX8 wheels. Gives it a realy nice monotone scheme. Satin black would also look nice (gloss black looks a bit gaudy in my opinion).

As far as tail light tinting goes...so long as you don't go overboard you should be okay. Blue Batmobile, or example, has a very light film that takes the edge off the chrome yet doesn't really create any issues with seeing the light. For the headlights you may want to consider pulling them apart and painting the housing black instead of tinting them. Gives you a very nice OE look to ditch the chrome and you won't get hastled by law enforcement.

Well, no luck on the RX8 wheels, he had already sold them. Which at $300 with practically new tires, didnt surprise me at all. I did however, manage to smoke the tails and sidemarkers with VHT. I love the way they turned out. I wasnt going for completely blacked out, so I am real happy with the results. Pardon the dirty car.
Smoking the emblems, rear reflectors, and blacking out the headlights will be next.

I'm just wondering what functionality is reduced by blackening the tail lights. If cars are parked in the street at night engine off. Isn't it the tail lights will also act as sort of reflector - hence other drivers can easily see there's a mazda 5 paked ahead?

Back