What do you guys think?

Got the headlights done. Think they came out pretty good. I also smoked the rear reflectors and third brake light. I'll post those later.

I'm loving the headlights...Looks HOT! Is it really that easy to do the headlights?

^thanks, it wasn't too hard. Just have to be patient and take your time. I followed the tutorial on here to the T, and it went pretty smoothly. Here are the updated pics of the rear, with blacked emblems and smoked rear reflectors and third brake light....Tinting the windows will be next. Any suggestions on how dark to go? Cops aren't really interested in ticketing for windows around here.

Is this a family vehicle. Man, you're all sorts of illegal.
Why not limo tint while you're at it. <- kidding

I wouldn't go too dark on the windows as the nightime visibility is greatly reduced.

Got the headlights done. Think they came out pretty good. I also smoked the rear reflectors and third brake light. I'll post those later.

Looks REAL GOOD!

^thanks, it wasn't too hard. Just have to be patient and take your time. I followed the tutorial on here to the T, and it went pretty smoothly. Here are the updated pics of the rear, with blacked emblems and smoked rear reflectors and third brake light....Tinting the windows will be next. Any suggestions on how dark to go? Cops aren't really interested in ticketing for windows around here.
You may have overdone it a bit back there... The 'M' is starting to look like the Batman symbol with all the black/dark monotone.

Regarding tint, I recommend something in the +/-30% range. >40% is too light and <20% looks really cool but gets hard to see in dark roads, harder to see when raining and if your windshield fogs up especially if you are trying to backup

^ Thanks, and I kinda, sorta agree with you on the all black monochrome in the rear. But, I absolutely hate chrome. Thus the smoking and blacking of everything. So, what I think I might do, is pull off the "M" and the other badges and finish them in a Satin Silver. As far as being illegal, the rear reflectors work just as well as before, and I have tested this at night. The tail lights, may not be legal to some, but it reads in the statutes in my state, that they have to be visible at 500ft, which they are. It says nothing about tinting or having to be red. If they had to be red then all these Lexus SUV's and numerous others with the "All Chrome" tail lights would be illegal too. I have also decided to order a set of VLEDS for the rear stop, turn and reverse light to make up for the tinting. I appreciate all your comments, whether good or bad. Gives me a more broader perspective on things and help me make future decisions.

one thing i would have done different is had the tails and reflectors tinted, not nightshaded. it is easier to take off if there ever is a problem.

otherwise, looks nice. good job on the headlights.

Back