Mazda5 ABS HCU Replacement cross reference with Ford question

Ok guys, looks im not theo nly one with the brakes issues in a mazda 5, mine is a 2006... swapped the calipers, bleed like 20 times.. etc etc.

My car was neglected a lot by the previous owner, meaning that the brake fluid probably was the original, 2022 I re did the brakes and stuff.

Brakes doing better but aren't super so I was just wondering since a lot of parts in those mazdas are the same than fords I was just wondering if somebody actually grabbed the HCU from a ford and put it in their 5's to get the brakes back from the dead???

From other threads about the spongy brakes looks like the parts needed to fix the car is just a new HCU plus the fan motor thingy, then move the abs brands over and install. Sound easier to say it than get it done (never done a repair like this ever) but I love that little minivan.

Does anybody knows if the HCU of a fusion or maybe a focus could work ??? (lots of focus parts in those 5 minivans) Years????

Anybody??

Thanks.

For a 2006, the part number is: C2Y6-43-7AZ (or C2Y6-43-7AZB; C2Y6437AZA)

Made ONLY for 2006-2007 Mazda 5.

I'm thinking that the Mazda 5 is unique in the drive train and weight combination and it requires an equally unique ABS unit. Otherwise this part should fit other models that use the same engine.

I wouldn't advise using anything else on this car. I'd hate for the ABS to malfunction on you at the very time you need it most.

I've a need for a new ABS module and I looked around in the other Mazda models for matching part numbers and couldn't find anything that was the same. Best bet is to try and pull one at a junkyard, especially given the price they want for new ones... 😑

Latest posts

Back