What did you pay for your CX-5?

In NJ I am getting a 2017 GT
Machine Gray
Premium Package
$32,156 before taxes and fees. Working on getting them to remove window etch fee of $200, not included in price above, as it is useless and does nothing for me in terms of insurance discounts.

thats a good deal..

had the same issue with another dealer & the manager refused to remove it. thy also tacked up some kinda loyalty fee, to cover for service loaner etc...

walked away & got the vehicle from Staten Island with no crap-on fees

doc fee is fixed at $75 in NY

taxes + registration is what sucks.

Hello all. New to the forum but a long time Mazda owner. My wife just got a great deal on a 2016.5 cx 5 touring. Msrp $26455 buy price $20750 before taxes and fees. I really liked it so I will be picking up a 2016.5 cx 5 touring with Moonroof/Bose and touring technology pkgs. Msrp $28520 buy price $21300 before taxes and fees. I think they were great deals...so here we are!

Picked up my car today/ the one with the moonroof. They didnt have it ready. Had to be there for 3 hours...waiting then doing paperwork. Getting roof rails, crossbars and cargo mat next week at no charge.

Well, I hope you got complimentary colors. Black and White? Light Blue and Soul Red?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm new to the forum. Thank you all for being so informative. Purchased a 2017 GT AWD premium Maxine gray metallic past Saturday
$33,765 msrp.
$31,356 with loyalty @1.9
$34,905 OTD
California

Love the car as much as my X3 with 1/2 the horsepower and double the mileage lol
Awesome Color, as quite or quieter then X3 M sport.

No, no... Those are 2 shades of the same color. You did it wrong. Someone must get a paint job. 😂
Silver and Black? Yes. Mica and White? Yes. Not dark grey and light grey.
LOL

Since I have a black one now, my next Mazda will be soul red or ceramic metallic I think.

Wondering if anyone has bought a 2016.5 or 2017 in Canada recently? I'm wondering how much movement there is on the price compared to the US.

Last edited:
Just joined the club!

2017 CX-5 Machine Grey
$31k vehicle price, $33.6k OTD

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

No, no... Those are 2 shades of the same color. You did it wrong. Someone must get a paint job. 😂
Silver and Black? Yes. Mica and White? Yes. Not dark grey and light grey.
LOL

Haha...believe me, my preference was black or meteor grey but finding a 2016.5 touring with tech pkg and moonroof wasn't easy. Luckily my dealer was willing to get one from another local dealer and luckily we were able to get silver. But, I agree with your assessment 😉

I'm new to the forum. Thank you all for being so informative. Purchased a 2017 GT AWD premium Maxine gray metallic past Saturday
$33,765 msrp.
$31,356 with loyalty @1.9
$34,905 OTD
California

Love the car as much as my X3 with 1/2 the horsepower and double the mileage lol
Awesome Color, as quite or quieter then X3 M sport.

Congrats!

I shopped the X1 back in '15, and just couldn't justify the premium.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Update

I am looking to buy a 2017 CX-5 GT with Premium in Machine gray that has an MSRP of $33765, at the same time I want to buy a Mazda 6GT with premium in snowflake pearl with a MSRP of $34270. A local dealer has advertised the 6 for $30157, including $500 for finance, and $1500 rebate. The rebate is now $2000.

I am looking for opinions on what would be a great deal for these two. I know I should be able to get $500 loyalty on one of the vehicles. The largest discounts I have seen on the 5 is $1800-1900. Any input?

Update- My local dealer gave me a price of &29,997 on the 6. On the 5 he told me there was a markup of $1695 over MSRP , but they would discount down to just $500 over MSRP, and I could use my loyalty discount to get it at MSRP . I think I will pass.

Last edited:
Haha...believe me, my preference was black or meteor grey but finding a 2016.5 touring with tech pkg and moonroof wasn't easy. Luckily my dealer was willing to get one from another local dealer and luckily we were able to get silver. But, I agree with your assessment ��

I think we have the same car! And yes, Touring w/Tech was hard to come by. Out of the many hundreds (600 at least) 2016.5 Tourings in the L.A. area (at the time), I could only find 3 Touring w/Tech combos.

I think we have the same car! And yes, Touring w/Tech was hard to come by. Out of the many hundreds (600 at least) 2016.5 Tourings in the L.A. area (at the time), I could only find 3 Touring w/Tech combos.

I am thrilled that I got the Tech pkg ... I didn't realize it was my headlights and not my eyes that were bad lol. Had hid's in my last car but they didn't project very far.

Just picked up our 2017 Black mica CX5 GT AWD with premium yesterday for $1500 under MSRP. So just about $500 under invoice. Best deal I could find in the bay area. NO haggle just said I wanted the best price and I got it. It pays to shop around to see what KBB says and what others are paying.

There should seriously be more pics in this thread. ;)

Just picked up our 2017 Black mica CX5 GT AWD with premium yesterday for $1500 under MSRP. So just about $500 under invoice. Best deal I could find in the bay area. NO haggle just said I wanted the best price and I got it. It pays to shop around to see what KBB says and what others are paying.

Great deal! I got the same vehicle sans black paint for red and could only achieve $150 below invoice.

Back