What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

I noticed the range going down to the point where I had to be right next to the car to unlock it before the battery died completely.

When I first got the car, I could use it from across the parking lot. Battery has died since, and even on a new one, range is only like 4/5 parking spots now. =[

I had a decal on my rear window get old and start flaking off. I took it off completely a month or two ago. Last week I finally ordered the replacement and it just came in the mail today. My car is whole again! Now, when I look in the rear-view mirror, I can remember which team I root for.

Brxkm5BTUgLcXIcE42K2BLJGvemlHfF5GLDHVCOJ69c=w962-h721-no

I just got back from a roadtrip down to western NC to visit the lady's family. Chicago to Franklin, NC on the 17th, Asheville to Chicago yesterday. Car was flawless the whole trip and a ton of fun in the twisty mountain roads. Though, since the lady and I were attached at the hip all week I couldn't open it up too much in the twisties... maybe next time!

It is mainly in TN, but the one end is in NC.

How did you like our part of the US? I live about an hour and a half from Asheville and Franklin.

I could't autocross a cx-3. But, when my engine reaches end-of-life, I may just put the 2.0 from one into my 2 for racing. That sounds like a fun project.

I saw a turbocharged mz5 getting low times at a recent autocross. a lowered cx-5 wont be much bigger than a mz2 4 door

It is mainly in TN, but the one end is in NC.

How did you like our part of the US? I live about an hour and a half from Asheville and Franklin.

Oh cool! Glad to hear the DDM parts were developed on some of the best roads in the US.

I love the mountains! I also an avid road cyclist so the area is great for that too. When my girlfriend is done with grad school she wants to look for jobs in Western NC/SC or Eastern TN, I'm all for it.

Installed a Corksport SRI from eBay and a new duct. I already love the sound increase. Also picked up a RB torsion bar from the same seller that I'll work on installing probably next week. Now to get ready for the camping trip/local music fest going on Thurs-Sun, gotta get the 2 ready for some 4x4 adventure to the camp site. Wondering if I should swap off the Konigs and RE-11a for the stock setup. Hmm...

Paid a speeding ticket online. $40 plus $2 "service fee" for 10 over. Cheapest ticket ever!! Love this car!

Yup. Was just getting started on a 9 hour drive. Had waze going, saw the cop on the phone. Saw he already had someone pulled over ahead. Slowly started speeding up again. Then saw the 2 other cops hiding behind some trees. Doh! I actually thought I was only doing 9 over...but since switching back to 185/55/15 my speedo reads slightly low.

On a more positive note, a couple packages came in the mail today. Corksport box with brake pads and leather shift knob. I installed the knob in the 2 (looks and feels awesome), and put the OE knob on the miata. Never did like the shape of the miata shift knob. Other box had ferodo pads for the miata.

Today I replaced my front brakes with Corksport pads. Hybrid semi-metallic/ceramic style. My old ones were getting worn from my autocross habit. These new ones are interesting - I can drive normally, but only using a fraction of the pedal pressure to brake normally. Next Sunday should be interesting - my next autocross event.

Heading up to a small airplane museum (an old grass airfield gone-to-seed) east of Warren OH, which is having a car show & airplane show today. Trepidations over parking my beloved 2 on the grassy fields (dust and dirt, but moreso the potential for DOOR DINGS from IDIOTS that will be parking next to her). HOPING they'll have a Beech Staggerwing on display.

An aside: I watch some anime and I love the attention to detail in small things. To whit: a Mazda 2/Demio cruises through a scene in "Charlotte"
Mz2%20in%20Charlotte_zpsigwjpnvt.png

Well the last few days I have been working on the 2 a lot.

1. I am almost finished with the brake cooling ducts. Only a few more things to do. Hoping to have it done this weekend.
2. I got the stock header out of the car and will start putting the new one in tomorrow hopefully.
3. I got the rear shock mounts out which were from my old bilstein shocks. I put the other half of my ebay set in the back. I did this because I am selling the Bilsteins.

Header comparison.
11870851_10102153782075378_5516111329808134462_n.jpg

Back