UDP belt squeal

I recently changed my belts with Gators with stock PS pully and can not get it to stop squeeling. Tried adjusting tight, loose and everything in between. Only does it when its cold and i first start driving. Sitting idleing will not squeel. Im thiking about going with a cheapo belt to see if it stops.

Check to make sure the belts are aligned properly. If they're off a little, that might cause it.

Twisfm, I'm not sure - I did this mod 2-3 years ago. I think I still have the original cardboard wrappings with the numbers on them, so I'll check today if I get a chance...

I don't remember the belt numbers for the Gatorbacks I used but I know they're about one inch shorter than the ones recommended in this thread. I did this because I had maxxed out my tensioners trying to get rid of the squeal. The squeal was gone but I wanted more adjustability just in case. Been quite a while and no squeal anymore. I just kept tightening them little by little until all belt noise was gone.

ya ive read through the whole thread and all the other ones about the udp. I just received in email from RR-racing. they say to use gates belts. Gates: K050446 and K040355. im gunna try those

Don't. That's what I had originally. They squealed like a pig in the winter time. Though I guess if you're in Orlando, that's not too much of a concern :)

well it goes both ways. ive heard people using gatorbacks good and bad and gates good and bad. once its all dont and over with ill update. also if the gates dont work ill go to gatorbacks and well see whats the truth

Check to make sure the belts are aligned properly. If they're off a little, that might cause it.

Twisfm, I'm not sure - I did this mod 2-3 years ago. I think I still have the original cardboard wrappings with the numbers on them, so I'll check today if I get a chance...

checked again today and same problem. Alighnment is fine. Squeeels like a pig even more.
How do you know if youve over tightened the belt?

installed RR-racing udp today. used gates belts K050446 and K040355. im glad to say that so far no squeel and fit perfect.

Latest posts

Back