two questions

slinky

:
Mazda, Protege, 1994
do you people know if the weight or the back or the car can withstand air shocks??? if i take the coil overs out, can the air shocks hold it up and not bind or n e thing?? Im pretty sure the front cant, but not sure bout the back. Unless you people know of some places that sell Air cylider brackets for our cars, I think they sell them for newer proteges, but not the first gens, do you know that the brackets will still work for a first gen?

Are you saying you want to take the springs out? Why? And no, the struts can't hold up the car without springs. The 1st Gen weighs 2300-2450lbs, depending on your equipment level.

yea, i wanna take the struts and springs out, because I wanna put air cylinders in it instead
ill prolly just have to fab some mounts since no one makes them
the air shocks would have been temperarory untill I get the mounts to the air cylinders

Last edited:
slinky said:
yea, i wanna take the struts and springs out, because I wanna put air cylinders in it instead
ill prolly just have to fab some mounts since no one makes them
the air shocks would have been temperarory untill I get the mounts to the air cylinders
You do realize it'll make your car handle like a cow on crack right?

yes, i am fully aware of that, im not into racing and stuff, i like looking good

You want adjustability? Or do you just want your car lower? You could just get some 2" lowering springs, and cut them some more....

slinky said:
I want to lay rocker I then plan to do a body drop and lay door
ive seen it b4 on a 1g.. check car domain.. not really my style but more power to ya.. make us proud!!

Back